• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

New Members please check in here

DualCool

just go my 71 Scout II, bought it out of Arizona and shipped here to the great but salty state of Hawaii. Found the website looking for info on the Scout and love all the info and advice shared! Aloha!

Dearoldad

Hi,
I'm an oilfield worker in Alberta, father of 6. About 8 years ago I purchased a 1947 KB-1, which is an ongoing project but now has a SBC 327 in it. I just recently purchased a 1967 bus (Loadstar 1600 with an SV345) that I'm trying to get home so I can start working on it. It's just pure luck that the bus was an IH, I was actually contemplating trying to transplant a 7.3 diesel into it, but after some reading sounds like the SV345 is a solid engine and with a $1500 rebuild might last a long time.

Ffphil

Hello all,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm Phil from Buckley Washington. Just bought a 1927 IH 1 Ton 6 Speed Special. Can't wait to learn all about this old truck. I have no idea how to even start a hand crank motor. I will do my due diligence to search for information on here for manuals and parts. Any and all help along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Phil

Attachments

Robert Kenney

Super Moderator
Ffphil,
Welcome to out little slice of IH paradise.
Hope you enjoy playing with your new way back machine. There will definitely be a specific process to starting it up. The wrong one can hurt. :icon_gonk:

Mikethebike

Just about finished rebuilding my wifes '53 CJ3b, so I thought Id look for the next project
I just picked up a very nice running Scout 80 4wd pickup, 1962.
Clean straight body with a full cap. Lots of rust patina, but no holes. Ill be pulling it apart and totally redoing the body. Engine and transmission runs great.
I hope I can glean some important info as I did from the Willys guys. Info I could get from any manual etc.
Looking forward to getting this started, it wont be fast though>>>
Just like the title says. Please let us know a little about yourself and how you found the forum.

Mills3030

Hey folks, just purchased a '73 1210 4x4 Camper Special a few months ago. It's my first IH and it needed a little work to get it road ready, though the 392 still runs strong! It's been fun sourcing parts and working on it this summer--that's how I ended up here! I'm looking forward to putting many many miles on this truck.

Attachments

Scoutboy74

Hey folks, just purchased a '73 1210 4x4 Camper Special a few months ago. It's my first IH and it needed a little work to get it road ready, though the 392 still runs strong! It's been fun sourcing parts and working on it this summer--that's how I ended up here! I'm looking forward to putting many many miles on this truck.
Welcome! Looks like a good one. I'm jealous. Mine needs a lot more work to get to where yours is.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Hello all,

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm Phil from Buckley Washington. Just bought a 1927 IH 1 Ton 6 Speed Special. Can't wait to learn all about this old truck. I have no idea how to even start a hand crank motor. I will do my due diligence to search for information on here for manuals and parts. Any and all help along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Phil
Welcome new members. very good looking trucks you have there. Both of you are not too far from Grass Valley. Would love to see these trucks at next months IH Sierra Fall Rallye. More info here about the event - http://ihsfr.org/

Or check out the events Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/IHSFR

Scout'79

Present and accounted for!
Just brought home a '79 Scout II, it runs but need to replace the water pump and thermostat before I can drive it a little more to figure out what needs to be replaced next. I've been reviewing a lot of threads for info, thanks for all your input. Standby for questions...

qwas37

Hello,
I'm a new member, bought my first Binder a few weeks ago. A 1967 1/2 ton somethin' er other. 1000, 1100, 1200, heck I don't know and neither did the seller.
It's my first relic in 14 years so I'm having a blast getting back into it.
I was combing Craigslist while working in Santa Fe and the scallops and stance got me. It's got a V-8, not sure what size yet but it runs smooth with no smoke, granny four speed, and I'm not sure what ratio I have in the rear end. The discovery is part of the fun for me.
I've enjoyed combing through forum here. Thanks!