• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

34 Hot Rod Pickup

jetfxr

Well, windows, weather stripping, a few interior things, bed wood, and pin stripping should finish it off. If anyone would like to take a spin in it come to the rmihr it will be there.

And the last picture in front of our local watering hole, don't think this thing would draw any attention :icon_mrgreen:

Attachments

jetfxr

Hotrod was a big hit at rmihr, peoples choice, best engineered, best chrome, best in class and best of show. I really had a good time watching folks driving and riding in it. I still need to finish the interior, door windows and a few small things but it is a blast to drive around.

This picture is with jim mullas sr. 90years old and still enjoying the hobby.

Attachments

jetfxr

One more picture, leona and I are planning to go to Jeff's show with the hotrod and the tette. Gona give our best shot if your local come on out and take it for a spin. Mandera built the long block, 304 over bored to standard 392 pistons, here we are discussing a higher stall converter.

Attachments

Last edited:

jauringer

Looks great Robert! I really envy the time, skills, and resources you have to put into these projects. Looks like you've done a great job over the years keeping the IH name alive. This looks to be your best one yet.

Any plans to put this on a dyno? Would love to see what she produces.

Jason

Last edited:

jetfxr

Mandera did the flow bench on the heads, and desk top dyno. Can out to an honest 300hp and I think that's plenty for an adult go cart, remember it is very light and low so that means quick and sporty. Fu~k it is just plan fun to tool around in, just have to remember that it draws attention where ever you go.

jauringer

mandera did the flow bench on the heads, and desk top dyno. Can out to an honest 300hp and I think that's plenty for an adult go cart, remember it is very light and low so that means quick and sporty. Fu~k it is just plan fun to tool around in, just have to remember that it draws attention where ever you go.
Nice,

I bet it is a blast to drive.

Jason

jetfxr

sweet truck, ya gonna put a price tag on it :devil:
Naw this one has been why I built all the other trucks, I funded this with the profit I had building scouts.

We have been bombing around in it, working out the bugs and tuning the carb some. It is a blast to ride around in and folks really like the harvester power, even the ones that are other brand loyalist. I had a leak at my sight gauge (on the side of the oil pan so I dropped the pan and resealed the sight gauge. Thought I would show off some of Tom mandera's fine engine work and why this is a blast to drive.

Check out all the weight he dropped from the rods and still was able to get it balanced. It spools to 6k at the blip of the throttle:thumbsup:

Attachments

jetfxr

I will have to ask Tom but looks like he dropped a few pounds from the rotating mass on the 304/392 power plant. With the exhaust side pipes it just sounds mean and with the lighter weight you can bet it plants you in the back of the seat when you cobb the go peddle. I will also add the four wheel disc work very good, you do get a little noise when you really push hard on the brakes but you feel good and it stops straight.

Here another shot of the bottom end.

Attachments

jetfxr

Well I have just about given up on the triple diamond hub caps, so I bought new wheels for my hot rod here's a look still will keep an eye out for the hub caps but I do think these are good looking wheels for the old girl.

Attachments

Robert Kenney

Super Moderator
Nice lookin hot rod...:icon_up:

are the headers open? They look like they sound good... You've got to get out the gopro and take us for a ride....:icon_rotate: