• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Andy's 75 Scout 250

i finally got the fenders fully welded! now working on some rust repair! also had to modify the access panel since the fender is over the corner of it now:D don't know why the pic's rotated like that.
20170921_170506.jpg

20170921_170514.jpg

20170921_170739.jpg

20170922_171636.jpg

we always say custom builds like this are all about time and money. well this post is about money! i found a Dodge kingpin 60 front axle! it's about the same year as my frame so fingers crossed it will bolt right in!! it's a very beefy axle:D:D i'm already looking at lockers and high steer arms.
20171013_163923.jpg

20171012_160537.jpg

Mochamike

Trust me in this, consider double shear.
Look into getting arms with the hole lines up with the stock hole on the knuckle.

Make sure you do springless.... With an adjustable spacer for the kingpin.

Run stock 30 spline outers to start.
Later, when $ permits look for 35 spline outer stubs & hubs.

thanks for the input Mike!

i finished the cross brace a little while ago, i just never posted pictures. it's designed similar to the stock scout cross brace in that one side is over the frame bracket and the other side is under. the hope is to not need a jack to remove or install the brace. hopefully i don't have to modify it to clear the front driveshaft.
20170527_184940.jpg

20170527_184949.jpg

Mochamike

What Tcase are u planning on running?

Did the old drivetrain have NP205?

If so, find a way to run a doubler between it.

It may cause issues with the crossmember & front driveshaft.
That can be solved with a 2 piece drive shaft...

the truck was a gas engine 3/4 ton so it had a NP241. i do have a 205 but am thinking about an atlas. i don't like the idea of that heavy 205 hanging off the back of my OD trans. plus the doubler box is about 1/2 price of the atlas.

Mochamike

the truck was a gas engine 3/4 ton so it had a NP241. i do have a 205 but am thinking about an atlas. i don't like the idea of that heavy 205 hanging off the back of my OD trans. plus the doubler box is about 1/2 price of the atlas.
You have the 241/205 already.
$700 for econo box & then fab or buy a cross member for 205.
Biggest issue will be length I think. (Versus $3k for Atlas)

I’m a manual guy, so research tc gearing for autos & figure out what is best.

i'm working on aligning the doors. wanted to make sure i was somewhat close after replacing the rockers and a good portion of floor. after working on it for a while i decided to pull the door back off and check the hinges. they only had minor play when installed. turns out the hinges have a lot of play! so now i'm rebuilding hinges. i researched online and found a guy who used doorman hinge pins (38400). i bought 2 from different stores and they were both .005" smaller than spec. says right on the package .342 dia. so i tried Napa (675-5143) much better! the first one was bang on at .342 second one was .340" still usable.

IMG_20181010_115502702_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181010_115420712_HDR.jpg

Scooter

I Had similar play in both doors in both my scouts, along with one or two broken hinge pins, and I ended up rebuilding the hinges in both. I ordered the hinge pins through IHPA at the time. I don't recall off hand what the dimensions were, but they seemed to work.

i got some help over the weekend getting the doors aligned and 99% of the floor welded in! A big thanks to Craig and Jesse!
It's awesome to get some progress on this thing!

IMG_20190518_094800905_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190518_164942989.jpg

IMG_20190518_195000787.jpg

IMG_20190519_121911013_HDR.jpg