York A/C Compressors

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Did york/tecumseh a/c compressor's ever come with a serpentine belt type clutch pulley? Curious as I eventually will be needing to know for my future serpentine belt set-ups.

Bill USN-1

F.I. Moderator
Have you thought about just using the sanden compressor?
I run 2 side by side.
1 for ac and 1 for oba.(2 won't work with serpentine belt though!!)
if you are upgrading, the sanden is a much better unit to run!!

I understand if you are looking to make up retro kits to sell.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
the 1983 Ford mustang had york upright compresors.
Or try these guys.
::kilby enterprises::

Thanks Craig. I'll look into this one.

have you thought about just using the sanden compressor?
I run 2 side by side.
1 for ac and 1 for oba.(2 won't work with serpentine belt though!!)
if you are upgrading, the sanden is a much better unit to run!!

I understand if you are looking to make up retro kits to sell.
The prototype set-up I am making now is using a sanden compressor. But I want to be able to sell belt serp conversion kits in the future for those still running the york compressor.

Michael Mayben

IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online
Jeff...you still on speaking terms with these folks?

https://catalog.foothilloffroad.com...d8182973b73a6&oscsid=9b0cc06bbe1d8182973b73a6

Look at the p/n ke25-513352 (a kilbey p/n I think, doesn't match a t/cci/york number).

You might check with them(or kilbey direct) for the dimensions for that clutch and see if it might work for ya.

I don't have a new york here at this time to verify the root supplier of the cci/york clutches, I "think" it's still warner electric...but they May have changed over to ogura...I've now been gone a long time from this stuff and I'm just throwin' out stuff that might turn into a lead for ya.

As a wholesale/retail bizz...I'm sure that the folks at t/cci in decatur, il would talk with ya about this clutch source, etc. Tell 'em yore lookin' for a couplea thousand pieces!

Here's the link:

welcome to climate control inc. (cci) - the leading manufacturer of heavy duty air conditioning and refrigeration air compressors.

A "mutual" friend of our's (email me bc for the contact he's an IHSTO bubba!) has a workaround for the "oil bowout" on the york doublepumper when used as a compressed air source...it might be something that you would be interested in discussing with him! And it does not involve a coalescing filter or puke bottle, or anything of the sort!

I'll keep looking for the root manufacturer/p/n for the clutch you are looking for...however...in many cases, the entire compressor assembly can be purchased new for not much more dinero than the clutch alone!

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Jeff...you still on speaking terms with these folks?

https://catalog.foothilloffroad.com...d8182973b73a6&oscsid=9b0cc06bbe1d8182973b73a6

Look at the p/n ke25-513352 (a kilbey p/n I think, doesn't match a t/cci/york number).

You might check with them(or kilbey direct) for the dimensions for that clutch and see if it might work for ya.

I don't have a new york here at this time to verify the root supplier of the cci/york clutches, I "think" it's still warner electric...but they May have changed over to ogura...I've now been gone a long time from this stuff and I'm just throwin' out stuff that might turn into a lead for ya.

As a wholesale/retail bizz...I'm sure that the folks at t/cci in decatur, il would talk with ya about this clutch source, etc. Tell 'em yore lookin' for a couplea thousand pieces!

Here's the link:

welcome to climate control inc. (cci) - the leading manufacturer of heavy duty air conditioning and refrigeration air compressors.

A "mutual" friend of our's (email me bc for the contact he's an IHSTO bubba!) has a workaround for the "oil bowout" on the york doublepumper when used as a compressed air source...it might be something that you would be interested in discussing with him! And it does not involve a coalescing filter or puke bottle, or anything of the sort!

I'll keep looking for the root manufacturer/p/n for the clutch you are looking for...however...in many cases, the entire compressor assembly can be purchased new for not much more dinero than the clutch alone!
Thanks michael. I was hoping you would chime in on this. I'll definetely let you know when I'm ready to move on with the kit so I can get that contact info from you bc style.