• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Where can I find 345 water pipes??

T8rchips

Not only am I new to the IH world, but I'm fairly new to in-depth engine work as well. I purchased a 1973 International step-van with a 345 that's been sitting in an orchard for 16 years. (I paid $50 for it) I'm planning to turn it into a micro home, but alas, the engine needs to run for that to happen.

The cooling system is pretty much as rotted as rotted can get. The freeze plugs, radiator, thermostat, hoses, and water pump are easy enough to find, but what about the water pipes running in to and out of the engine on either side of the water pump?!?! The IH Parts of America store has been sold out of them for quite awhile and that seems to be the case with every other place online that I've looked as well. Does anyone have a resource that they can share where I might be able to find both the inlet and outlet water pipes?? I'm at a pretty big loss and I thought that forums would be the next best step.

Hopefully this question is appropriate here. Thank you!!

Im sure some of the IH dealers have some laying on the shelf used. Navistar quit having new ones made I believe.

Only other thing that could work is getting the pump housing and heads tapped for NPT fittings.

FDChappie

In my experience, when the cooling system is that bad, the steel shim head gaskets are too. It might be a good idea to pull the heads while things are open.

Scooter

Might give the guys up at IH parts America a call. About 6 years, I was able to get both water tubes for an IH 266 while helping a friend work on his 69 scout 800. IHPA should have the O-rings for them tubes also