• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Trail Run: Stag Point, Cleghorn, or Snake Lake

Jesse B.

Matt,

can you make July 26-27 or can you only go August 2-3? I ask because I think Craig cannot go August 2-3. I'll check with him.

Jesse B.

Craig can't make it in August. Sorry Matt. I'd offer to push that pig, but I know why it goes through so much gas....

Michael Dimock

IH Parts America Sales Assoc.
I can meet you in Grass Valley if you want. But you'll have to travel with my 100 hp slow turd up a windy mountain rd.....:d

Thanks for the offer! I May only have 100hp left in my rig! Lol I just have a more road friendly 3.73 gears.

Google shows 1.5 hrs from Grass Valley to gold lake. Sooo... Craig should be through there about 7.30am. We'll see!

Rock Tractor

IHPA Tech Moderator
Is anybody towing?:d

edit: that's almost 4 hours of driving each way:icon_eek:. I'm not in the mood for that:cryin:. See ya at cantina.:devil:

Last edited:

Craig

Craig should be through there about 7.30am. We'll see!
Ok I just reread this and were to be at the trail head by 9am

I guess I better find a map too.

Google says hour and 10 to get to the Grass Valley so hour and a half sounds about right. ( but google says go to marysville and then turn right.)

I really have no clue where I'm going.
I can get close.

Attachments

Last edited:

Craig

Maybe everyone meet up at bassetts station. Blue roof in the back ground.

I willing to go either up 99 to marysville or 80 to 49 to Grass Valley and follow others from there

Attachments

Last edited:

Jesse B.

Bassett's sounds fine to me too. I'd still like to hit the trail at 9am, so with a little luck, I'll be at bassetts at about 8:30-8:45ish. Hope to see everyone there:smilewinkgrin:

Craig

I'm getting up at 5:45 and leaving at 6 am. I hope to make it to Grass Valley around 7:30 am. Meet up with andy as he has a radio. I suspect t- mobile cell service will be spotty at best.
9 1 6 5 0 2 1 1 3 7

I made it home safe! A couple small dents in the passenger door maybe but nothing serious! It was a fun trip! I would like to try it again when it's slightly cooler and after some rain. It did cool off very nicely in the evening. It wasn't even dark yet when we started putting on jackets and long pants.

The first picture is me and Craig meeting up in Grass Valley.
IMG_3651.jpg

These two are at the trail head. The entrance to gold lake.
IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

These were all taken at our camp site at snake lake. About 7,000 ft elevation. IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg
On the right is the trail we took to get there and back. There are other ways to get there. One way is much harder and the other way is just longer.
IMG_3680.jpg