• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Trail Run: Stag Point, Cleghorn, or Snake Lake

Jesse B.

Okay, since there has been some interest, I'm posting three alternatives for the next trail run: stag point, cleghorn bar, or snake lake. Both stag and cleghorn access a portion of the middle fork feather river, while snake lake is obviously on snake lake. All three are in the plumas nf. Unfortunately, since most of the trails in eldorado nf are closed, and therefore most of the trails closest to sacramento are closed, these three trails are about 3 hours from sac. The closest and easiest trail is stag, with most of the trail getting an "easy" or "moderate" rating. The next furthest is cleghorn, which has one small section rated "difficult." the next furthest is snake, which is also the most difficult, but based upon the pictures, appears the most scenic.

Since the trails are in the plumas nf, they should not be subject to the other trail closures. I've done a couple searches and can't find any suggestion that they are closed. If folks want, I can call the plumas nf and ask, which is probably best.

I'm willing to do any of the three, but rather than choose for myself, let's see who is interested in which trail and make a decision from there. I'm thinking just a weekend trip. Leave Saturday morning, get to the trail, drive in, sleep, then drive out on Sunday.

As of right now, I can do the weekend of July 12 or July 26. Please post up in interested!

I've attached pages from a book that describe each trail.

Attachments

Michael Dimock

IH Parts America Sales Assoc.
I'm up for the 26th wherever. As long as my 4cyl turd can get me up the hills and the spool doesn't wear out my rear tires before I get there I'll be gtg. Preference would be snake lake as it sounds like the hardest... :devil:

Last edited:

Craig

I told you to drop the spool. I know moneys tight.

I'm open for the 26th. Jennifer and I will be going.

II'm working on my steering this week. Hope to have it up and running soon. Provide the seal kit has all the parts

Silverscout

Benny and I camped at gold lake a few weeks ago, great location for a base camp. Lots of good fishing and crawdadding too.

Jesse B.

Okay, so it appears that snake lake attracted the most interest, and the 26th-27th is the best weekend. Mark your calendars!

Let's meet at the trailhead at 9am on Saturday the 26th. The trailhead is shown on the map that I attached to my first post. For those who are interested but did not post up, we can go in one of two ways. We can go past snake lake first, and down what some have described as a tough obstacle, or we can go past little deer lake first on our way to snake lake, which sounds slightly easier. So if we have some along who would prefer what sounds like the easier route, we can try that on the way in. For those who want the rougher route, they can take the route past snake lake on the way out.

If you are going, please post up and confirm so I have a head count. Thanks!

I’m somewhat undecided, the “crazy steep” is a little unsettling! If there is a way around, that would be great! I have been up in that area though. I camped at little deer lake last year. The only hard part of that trail was a short steep hill coming out, right at the lake. Going to the lake was easy! Aka down hill! I haven’t been all the way to snake yet.

I'm not sure about my work schedule right now.

Scouty

Any chance of moving this trip back a week? Spent way too much money this month, need to wait for pay day to play. If not no big deal.

Jesse B.

I’m somewhat undecided, the “crazy steep” is a little unsettling! If there is a way around, that would be great! I have been up in that area though. I camped at little deer lake last year. The only hard part of that trail was a short steep hill coming out, right at the lake. Going to the lake was easy! Aka down hill! I haven’t been all the way to snake yet.

I'm not sure about my work schedule right now.
Andy,

we can always take the south route to snake lake, which is the route that goes past little deer lake first, which you have already done. Based upon what I've read, the crazy steep hard part is on the north route, next to snake lake. For example, what we could do is take the south route in, go past little deer lake first, then go on to snake lake and camp. The camp spot is below the crazy steep part based upon what I've read. Then on the way out if folks want to try their hand on the steep part, they can take the north route out. Those who don't, can take the south route back out. Let us know about your schedule.

Jesse B.

any chance of moving this trip back a week? Spent way too much money this month, need to wait for pay day to play. If not no big deal.
Matt,

I can push it back a week (August 2 and 3). Craig? Michael? Andy?

I don't want to push it back if we lose people, but if it means more can go, then it shouldn't be a problem. Don't forget about the rubicon run this year. We generally do that in early September.