• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Slick Rock this Saturday

Silverscout

I'm headed up to slick rock this Saturday with a neighbor in his defender 90. We're running the trail and heading back. Any one interested is more than welcome.

Jesse B.

Hey sean, I'd like to go, but I still need to get my springs installed. The rear is done (I replaced the bent one), but not the front. The front is still on jack stands. It's taking a bit of time to get all four corners to sit level.

Silverscout

Thanks for checking in Jesse. No worries, its going to be a wet trip anyways and May not agree with your bikini top. The weatherman is predicting several inches of snow on the trail by tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

Scooter

Sorry for delayed response on this. I was tempted in seeing about calling shotgun for who ever was going. But after putting in almost 55 to 60 hrs of work in the foundry this week, I'm whooped.

Plus, I'm slowly working on building a couple roll cages. One being for you sean. I currently have the rear most c-pillar hoop ready along with several straight pieces to be attached between your current beauty bar and the one I bent up. Maybe swing on by on your way back and check it out

Silverscout

Scooter, I had a shotgun seat for you. Next time? I could even pick you up on the way. I did feel a little uneasy with just the stock show bar. I need to get a real roll bar before the next trip!

Speaking of, it was a great trip! Left my place at 6am, had no traffic issues and was able to get back home by 8pm. Long day but not too bad. We were able to complete the trail in 3.5 hours with lunch and several pit stops. Did I mention there was snow? There were no tracks going into the trail, we had the place to ourselves. We did bump into two jeeps out there, who were making their way back out utica. All in all, a great day!

Forrest road off utica

First turn of the trail off staging area:

Coming down the by-pass in front of the stairs:

Approach to stairs:

Lunch stop:

Waiting for the sherif to open the locked gate at lake alpine:

Attachments

Scooter

Sweet. I love snow wheeling. Looks great fun. From all the ot I did this last week, I was fairly whooped and didn't have much energy. Took me pretty much a full day of relaxation to get enough energy to do about an hour or two of wrenching/welding for my own Scout.

Hopefully in middle of December, or by end of January, I should be able to get my yellow Scout insured and registered. My grey beast is more of a trail rig, but needs more work before I'll be able to actually drive it. Like front axle buildup and a complete rewire and full cage.

I'll do a little more cage work today. I May have just enough tube to complete two cages. One for building off what you currently have, and a complete cage for my beast. Maybe if you have an hour or two available today, swing on by.

Craig

I just saw this, I guess I'm a bit late.

Snow coming in 10 days.

I guess I better fix my Scout first.

It just needs some love.