• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Scout Scrambler look-a-like?

superc_1

Anybody see the scrambler build that ian did on 4x4 xtreme? I got to thinking what would a terra with a scoutii top look like in comparison to the scrambler? Just for shzt and giggles I made a little drawing of what it May look like. Ian if your out there and want to do build one like this I would donate my terra so you and your team could have alittle fun? I named it the terra II. Ian if y'all are to busy you can give ol chip foose a chance if they need something to do? Hehe what everybody think?

Attachments

Scoutboy74

That's a nice rendering. Are you some kind of graphic artist? I can't say that I'm in love with the design though.

superc_1

Sb74
naw, I just mess around, but I do draw for a architect in my day job. :icon_rotate: I like corys ride. I wonder what vechicle that top came off of or did he make it?

Robert Kenney

Super Moderator
He fabbed the top from two standard sii travel tops iirc.
I remember seein the blue one before and after seein the one in my crappy posted pix I thought the top was a factory deal til you said cory made it. The one I posted was spotted by me in bakersfield at the hot rod reunion this year driving around the pits so he must be a racer. If he is there this year I'll se if I can ask him bout the rig. Custom tail lights are different but still cool just not sure about the paint. Shure somebody luvs it imo.:cornut:

(sorry for the crappy quality but I was chasing it and snapping pix with an I phone)

Attachments

Cory Smith

cory smith has a rig that is similar.

Man carl, that picture makes me wish summer would hurry and get here.

cory's ride is damn nice in every respect. He fabbed the top from two standard sii travel tops iirc.
Thanks!:cornut: the front half is a sii travel top, the rear portion is from a sii half top

I remember seein the blue one before and after seein the one in my crappy posted pix I thought the top was a factory deal til you said cory made it. The one I posted was spotted by me in bakersfield at the hot rod reunion this year driving around the pits so he must be a racer. If he is there this year I'll se if I can ask him bout the rig. Custom tail lights are different but still cool just not sure about the paint. Shure somebody luvs it imo.:cornut:

(sorry for the crappy quality but I was chasing it and snapping pix with an I phone)

I remeber seeing that for sale on ebay. I believe that started out as a Travelall that somebody modified into a wagonmaster.

For what it's worth rj at outback parts has a traveler with a sii top sitting on it to protect the interior and it looks pretty goofy.

Michael Mayben

IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online
For the record, and those folks who have never seen one, this is an azzend shot of a wagonmaster. Nothing more than a factory-modded Travelall. They retained water terribly in the rear "box" and rotted out very quickly, even more so than the normal IH rot-away. Poorly-engineered, the interior of that box has no drainage and water penetrates into the panels since they were no better sealed than a regular t'all that would have never has the interior exposed to the elements.

The rear cab wall was a modified "d" model pickup cab wall stamping. Our research shows they also used a travelette roof stamping. So this was definitely a rig engineered (if you can call it that) on the fly. Great idea far ahead of it's time, but poorly conceived!

This is the rig that malcolm had shipped back east and is the subject of this thread:

http://www.forums.IHPartsAmerica.co...nmaster-w-455-olds-hei-has-no-electrical.html

Attachments

Tiny Yokum

anybody see the scrambler build that ian did on 4x4 xtreme? I got to thinking what would a terra with a scoutii top look like in comparison to the scrambler? Just for shzt and giggles I made a little drawing of what it May look like. Ian if your out there and want to do build one like this I would donate my terra so you and your team could have alittle fun? I named it the terra II. Ian if y'all are to busy you can give ol chip foose a chance if they need something to do? Hehe what everybody think?
I'd like to see it with the tt stretched 18" to fit the traveler.

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager
should have never gotten rid of mine!!!

That thing is saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet you deserve a kick to the junk for getting rid of that thing!! I have been looking for something like that basically my whole life. Love that thing... Any idea where it is now?

Here's a pic of the one Robert posted.

Is that thing dropped onto a 1/2 Chevy chassis? Sure looks like it to me. Gross!!!

71mtnscout

that thing is saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet you deserve a kick to the junk for getting rid of that thing!! I have been looking for something like that basically my whole life. Love that thing... Any idea where it is now?
Needed the $$$ and the room. I never really drove it much, need some stuff done to it so it was reliable and I didnt have the scratch at the time. Some guy from az came out with a trailer and an escalade and got it from me. It squawted the back of that that caddy bad!! That truck had to weight around 5500 or so. I drove my Jeep up to fresno when I got it, towed the Jeep on the back all the way home with it. Had it for about 3 years, had a d60/d44 combo

herculz

:cornut:those are indeed some nice rigs, I saw that episode where the scrambler had a regular top on to then put the propane tanks in the back, was always curious if anyone has used a Scout II hard top on a Scout II traveller.

Would be nice to see one fabbed up.

superc_1

Jeep made the Jeep scrambler. Ian modified a Jeep scrambler on 4x4 xtreme tv show, and thats when I did a drawing (look at the first post)to show a Scout done up like ian did the scrambler on the show. Hope that helps.

Teradoc

@71mtnscout My dad built that truck in the early 90s, I helped as much as a 4-5 year old could. Its a Travelall with the back chopped, and the back of a Travelette cab cut and put in.
I grew up in the back seat of that thing.
I actually drove it for awhile, but high school me couldn't afford it so we ended up selling it. Now I wish I had figured out a way.
I recently moved to AZ and would really like to find it, maybe get it back.