• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Scout Camper

Chris Pucci

that's pretty cool but I imagine a good chunck of change.
I think the total cost on a project like this needs to be kept in comparison with what you'd have to spend to get a new one....

I'd guess the product joel has re-built is close to the finch or falcon model that four wheel campers still offers. If you check the price of a new one you'll :yikes: :yikes:

four wheel campers finch - mid/mini size trucks

When I bought mine (for a steal on craigslist :p ) I just about died when I checked the prices on new ones. I can throw a lot of money at mine and still have a sweet camper at 10-20% of new.

Last edited:

backcountry

Good point, chris. They sure are spendy new....

Mine is a little longer than a finch... Kind of a cross between a finch and an eagle... Although they have found new ways to maximize space over the years.

backcountry

The interior has come a long ways over the past few weeks.

I traveled around to all of missoula’s flooring stores and looked at their remnant linoleum and carpet supplies. After sorting through my options, I picked up a piece of each and spent a day installing it all.
interior lenolium.jpg
Finished edges
edge trim.jpg

I then routed the wiring around the inside of the camper to the battery box using household wiring channel.
wire channel.jpg

Placement for the batter box was a tough choice, but behind the wheel well is the only option that seems to work. A battery isolator is still a pay check or two away. I will be installing a bench/fold out bed next year similar to the ones used in newer four wheel campers so it will be hidden and not an eyesore.
battery box.jpg

Even if the wiring in this baby is relatively simple, it brought a smile to my face that everything functioned as planned from the start.

Faucet, roof lights and porch light all work.
porch light.jpg

It is the simple things that bring a man pleasure. No leaks from the copper tubing and hot coffee.
stove.jpg

And I found this perfect rug to finish it off.
big look with rug.jpg

All just in time for the maiden voyage during archery season last weekend.

Getting ready
maiden voyage getting ready.jpg
At camp
parked at camp.jpg

When the road ended, we headed out on foot. No dead critters, but good country.
Joel Wisherd.jpg

A few more things to finish on the camper this fall, but I'm getting close to using this baby for what she's made for and picking up the projects again next summer. I'm sure you see that unfinished area under the cabinets - I'll get to it down the road...

Thanks again to Mike, my Dad, aaron, and john for all their help on this project – you guys really helped bring this thing back to life.

Last edited:

fungus

That thing is awesome! Really nice job and attention to detail on everything. Funny how a guy can get such a kick outta the simple things like the lights working but when you do it all yourself and they come on with the first flip of the switch you can't help but tell yourself "hell yeah!!"...

backcountry

Hello friends,

All things must come to an end, and you'll see in the classified section that I am selling this camper.

Here are a few final shots:

decal.jpg

pass side 2.jpg

cover shot.jpg