• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Rubicon Trip in September?

Scouty

Wanted to see if there was going to be an annual rubicon trip this year. If so I'm hoping to make it. If it's going to happen, what dates are we looking at and who is planning to go?

Rock Tractor

IHPA Tech Moderator
I'm in. Won't be available the weekend of the 10,11 &12 it's the
wftw super event and I'll be busy with that.

Scouty

Checked the rubicon calendar and there are a lot of things going on in September. Cantina sept 4-6, wftw the next weekend and the marlin crawler roundup sept 18-20. Not sure what the traffic in like on the trail during the cantina, but thinking either that weekend or the marlin crawler weekend might work. Let me know what works best for you.

Jesse B.

checked the rubicon calendar and there are a lot of things going on in September. Cantina sept 4-6, wftw the next weekend and the marlin crawler roundup sept 18-20. Not sure what the traffic in like on the trail during the cantina, but thinking either that weekend or the marlin crawler weekend might work. Let me know what works best for you.
I think labor day weekend (4-6) is usually pretty busy, even with the cantina going on. I believe we've gone on the marlin crawler weekend before and it wasn't too bad if we leave early Friday morning? If it is bad, that leaves September 25-27, but I don't want to push it any later than that because the weather will be getting bad. It snowed on us the last time we left that late. Another thing worth considering is that Craig can't leave on a Friday morning because of his new job. I spoke to him the other day and he'll have to leave after work on Friday. If we go the marlin crawler weekend, I think it is going to be super busy for him Friday evening/night.

I'd like to pin down a date too because my Dad will be coming with me this year. He'll be 73 on the 12th.

Scouty

I can't make the weekend of the 25th, have a trip planned with the wife. The mcr weekend might be it if the cantina weekend is too busy. Craig is a state employee now, doesn't he have sick-leave already accrued??? Cool that your Dad is coming.

Last edited:

Craig

Yes sick leave with a doctors note. I think I'm in grade school

I can always come up after work. Leave about 4 pm that would put me on the trail by 6:30

you folks would be at camp by then.
So depending on how far you go as to my arrival time. At this point any weekend is fine.

Andy and jess worked like mad men last weekend putting the Scout back together:out:

Jesse B.

It seems like September 11-13 is possible, but we'll lose Mike, or we can do September 18-20 and run with marlin crawlers. Does anyone else have any time constraints? If not, I'd prefer to run 18-20 to get as many of us as we can. Would anyone be interested in leaving the 17th? I'd be willing to take the extra day off and just spend Friday and Saturday watching the toyota guys thrash their stuff at buck island.

Craig

Turns out I have a doctor's appt on Friday the 18th, so at least I can get there before dinner:)

Jesse B.

Hope that dr.'s appointment goes well :crazy: I just picked up my Dad's plane ticket for the weekend of the 18th-20th. He'll be flying in on Wednesday in case Matt and anyone else still want to go in on the 17th. I wouldn't mind the extra day as every time I go I wish I could spend another day out there.

As far as a head count:
jess +2, leaving Thursday (17th) morning or Friday (18th) morning
Matt, leaving Thursday morning or Friday morning
Craig, leaving Friday afternoon
Mike, leaving ?
Michael, leaving ?
Brandon, leaving ?
Andy, not going
Jeff ?
Sean (silverscout) ?

Silverscout

It looks promising for benny and I to arrive on Friday morning. Other than some maintenance items/repairs on the Scout, should be ready.

Jesse B.

I'll be heading in on the 18th. Probably leaving after work. What time is everyone planning on heading in?
Unless Matt and I can convince sean to leave on the 17th, it looks like we will be leaving on the 18th. We will probably meet at loon lake at 9am. Looks like a handful of folks May need to leave in the afternoon such as yourself.

it looks promising for benny and I to arrive on Friday morning. Other than some maintenance items/repairs on the Scout, should be ready.
Cool. Take an extra day off and leave on the 17th. It'll be epic . . . Or at least entertaining.

Scouty

Looks like there is going to be a work party on cadillac that weekend, so going to be a lot of toyotas coming through the loon lake side. If we go in Thursday we should have a good spot to watch all the fun :gringrin:

Silverscout

unless Matt and I can convince sean to leave on the 17th, it looks like we will be leaving on the 18th. We will probably meet at loon lake at 9am. Looks like a handful of folks May need to leave in the afternoon such as yourself.

Cool. Take an extra day off and leave on the 17th. It'll be epic . . . Or at least entertaining.
May be tough to get benny out of his new school for two days. I'm not going to hold up the group and if need be, I'll just catch up. I'll holler on the 2m if there's an issue.