• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Rubicon Run 2014

Jesse B.

Alright folks, it is that time again! Who is up for the annual rubicon run? Last year we went in late September and got snowed on :yikes:, so maybe we'll do it a little earlier this year?

I noticed it takes us all a few weeks to get our act together, so I am going to propose early September. Also, the annual marlin crawler is August 22-24 this year, and cantina is being held on August 30 and 31. So how about the first weekend (5-7th) or second weekend (12-14th) of September?

Post up!

Silverscout

I'm interested. Maybe the second weeend but I can't commit yet. I would still need to get my pos edlebrock in shape. Cadillac hill still has me shaky.

Scooter

I'm interested. Maybe the second weeend but I can't commit yet. I would still need to get my pos edlebrock in shape. Cadillac hill still has me shaky.
Last time I ran rubicon in my 74, a few months before I rolled it, o had carb issues. Holly 390 on a modified 4.0 heep motor was a bit too fat.

As much as I wanna go, I'm holding out till I get my 73 beast rolling. Which will be awhile since cash flow falls short from getting the parts I need.

Craig

They have been busying paving that section of the trail.

They brought in over a 100 bags of concrete back in July.
Plus the jeepers just when through there and they drive stock wwii jeeps

at this point I'm open to either weekend.
Friday- Sunday trip

Jesse B.

Hey sean,

Craig makes a great point, and in addition, I'm not sure if we are going to run the whole trail. I'm sure there will be some who will be trailering, and if so, we'll probably go back out to loon. I don't think there is much of a reason to be concerned with cadillac. We ran the whole trail last year because Jeff needed to take care of something at the springs, otherwise, we would have gone back out to loon.

Scouty

Going to try and make it. Busy month with kids going back to school. If I make it 2nd weekend works better, rock races at pc are sept 6.

Craig

Had to look it up. That would Friday sept 12th, Saturday the 13th and out on Sunday the 14th.

Second week works better as it will give me more time to work on my stuff too.

Fwiw I really like camping at the springs. Dirty dozen camp ground has some of the best camping on the con.
Your right next to the water. But I'm fine with any thing

Last edited:

Silverscout

It's looking good for ben and I. The second weekend works as well. I just got my rear locker replaced. Making this a good time to test it.

Craig, did they move that big rock at the base of cadilac? Ill be sure to take the correct line this time.......

Jesse B.

Alright, it looks like the second weekend of September is better for everyone, so that is what it will be. Mark your calendars. :icon_smile: let's hope we have good weather.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
alright, it looks like the second weekend of September is better for everyone, so that is what it will be. Mark your calendars. :icon_smile: let's hope we have good weather.
I'm prepping for snow this time! Just like last year you never know.

Craig

I have an open seat. I offered it to andy, but he needs to check his work schedule. Will know more in a few days

Silverscout

I May have to join you Craig. My new (to me) tires are rubbing against the drag link ends. I'm not sure I'll have time to get new wheels.

Attachments