• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Need instruction sheet for Scout 800 hood strut kit

Hey guys, I was there today to drop off an axle housing and purchased a hood strut kit for my 71 800B. Unfortunately the instructions were not included (the box was open) and I have searched your site and ISA's and I do not see the instructions anywhere. If you can point me in the right direction it would sure be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Well I looked at photos and figured out most of it but now I'm thinking maybe I have the wrong brackets? Here's a photo of my brackets and another photo showing the shock mounted on the upper ball. The ball joint is hanging at it's full pivot travel and it will not reach the lower bracket this way so I'm thinking maybe these upper brackets are for a different model? The brackets in the Stumpy build are L shaped and mine are flat.

Attachments

Michael Dimock

IH Parts America Sales Assoc.
BrokeGunner,

From the pictures I can find of Royce's Scout with that kit installed on Isa's IH website, the fender bracket is mounted all the way to the rear of the engine bay near the firewall. It looks like you have your bracket mounted one set of holes forward from that. Let me know if that works out for you. Thanks.

BrokeGunner,

From the pictures I can find of Royce's Scout with that kit installed on Isa's IH website, the fender bracket is mounted all the way to the rear of the engine bay near the firewall. It looks like you have your bracket mounted one set of holes forward from that. Let me know if that works out for you. Thanks.
Hi Michael, I tried putting the brackets all the way back but the driver side bracket will not clear my washer fluid reservoir. I have attached a photo.

Attachments

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
The washer bottle has to be moved on a 800A or 800B to clear the hoot strut kit. I either made or modified the existing bracket(I don't 100% recall) on Stumpy and moved the bottle over slightly in order for the hood struts to fit. These are the only two pictures I have on file that come close to showing what was done.

Attachments