• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

me and dad

fearlessfrost

This was one of two scouts that my Dad and sherman bach drove for intl. This was the last race that we had raced the Scout, I believe it was in 83 or 82 the race was the virginia city 250 (wich we one)and as a joke we ran without the parker pumper helmits we were in the prosces of building a Jeep honcho due to lack of intl factory sponsor ship. I am currently trying to retreve the old racer from a freind who bought it, after this race she has been out in a feild under a bunch of tarps for at least 7 years. Want to do a full race prep and run her a few times in the vorra desert races then just take her to intl shows

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager
Jeff and I ran vorra with that scouts brother that jim marsh owns. Good to know that thing is still kicking around. Would love to see it in action again. Not much left of jims I don't think. Maybe Jeff can scan the picture he has up on his wall of us standing in front of the racer. Good times!!

fearlessfrost

Do you mean the Scout that sherman drove for us? Tall cage built by chassis works in sac? Would love to see a pick when did it last run vorra?

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager
Yeah, I'm sure that is it. He drove it in baja I think. It had a aluminum manifold and a bunch of other goodies. Sherman is in the picture with us. He signed the picture too.

fearlessfrost

Sherman and my Dad had split ways and there was a nother Scout built for sherman that was built by byron rexwinkle jerry boones winner of the 77 baja 1000 in a terra with ss 2 package, any way the new Scout was trick it had titainium roll cage throughout the front suspension he rolled it the first race in practice at the first mickey tompson short course race held at the la collosium, my Dad is russ kirkpatrick he owned bayshore intl trucks in san mateo

fearlessfrost

I think our other Scout is in michagan ????? And byron rexwinkle had built jerry boones old Scout . Ahhh how I miss those days!

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager
sherman and my Dad had split ways and there was a nother Scout built for sherman that was built by byron rexwinkle jerry boones winner of the 77 baja 1000 in a terra with ss 2 package, any way the new Scout was trick it had titainium roll cage throughout the front suspension he rolled it the first race in practice at the first mickey tompson short course race held at the la collosium, my Dad is russ kirkpatrick he owned bayshore intl trucks in san mateo
Yup this is the truck we raced.

Tiny Yokum

Sure would like to see some pictures of the Sherman Bach Scouts.
When I got my first Scout, it had some Sherman Bach racing parts on it like Axle trusses and a roll bar which I still have on it.