• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

ihpartsChads Custom ScoutII Build

Flynn

Re: IHPA Chads Custom ScoutII Build

Man I was just looking over this thing and it is awesome!! I really hope that I can get my truck to look half as good :d

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager

what color is that orange. I think I have a similar color going on my Scout. Hope mine comes out that nice. Did you paint it yourself?
It is a knock off GM color they called atomic orange. It is basically the same color they use on the hhr's and vettes. No I did not paint it myself.

man I was just looking over this thing and it is awesome!! I really hope that I can get my truck to look half as good :d

Thanks, all it takes is tlc
time
labor
cash
however I will tell you that without Jeff I would have never been able to get this far.

dkterra

Chad, are you going to post some pics of the cage and seats on this write up? Love the truck! :ihih:

dkterra

That's alot of love right there! I'm doing a similer set up tying the seatbelts and seats to the cage. :thumbsup:

I have to say your Scout is my favorite of all of them I have pics saved to my comp just to drool over lol. I had a couple questions im building a 78 Scout II I have been collecting everything and am finally ready to start the frame build for a SOA this week. Heres what ive gathered, I've bought the reverse shackle kit, hd u bolts and u bolt plates, high steer kit, and superlift softride springs 4" lift springs, my question is I have 35" tires and would u happen to know if I even need the 4" spring or should I swap them for 2" lift springs or even stock ? Basically I dont want the 35's to rub the body, after building my buddy's SUA with the same springs im worried mine wont fit in garage and if I even need to go that big?
Also im not sure how comparable the lift you ran is since yours is GM springs but could you please give me a measurement from floor to top of your roof? And what size tires are yours? If you could help me id really appriciate it thank you!! Travis

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager

I run 35's, my rears are 4" lift Scout II ranchos with one spring removed. I don't know the exact measurement but I can tell you that I have to let air out of the tires to fit into a standard 2 car garage and even then it is really tight, however as you can see in some of the pictures I am still a little taller in the rear than the front. I still have quite a bit of stuff to go on the back of the truck and hope that it will level out. If it does I should fit without airing down. I don't rub the 35's as it sits now. Honestly though I built this truck for 37's budget dictated I go with 35's.

P.s. Thanks for the compliments. Honestly, it's my favorite too :cornut:

also, I have intended to convert the whole build thread over to this thread from the bp but have just not had the time. Here is a link to the full build. May help you a bit.

IH Parts America sponsored build

I vaguely remember your build from bb/bp. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you've made your home here. I certainly can appreciate more traffic coming this way. The more people there are with experience, the more we can learn and share faster. I'm about to be shipped a set of Scout shop manuals.

ihpartschad

IHPA General Manager

I vaguely remember your build from bb/bp. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you've made your home here. I certainly can appreciate more traffic coming this way. The more people there are with experience, the more we can learn and share faster. I'm about to be shipped a set of Scout shop manuals.
Note my member number and the fact that I am a moderator here. I have long been a member of the IH Parts America gang. I totally agree, we very much like bp and other boards, this board is in no way competition for the other IH boards. We simply want to provide our customer base, past, present and future access to as much of our knowledge as possible in the best format we know how.