• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Hollywood Scout 800

isasih

Isa's International Harvester
So I get a call one day from a producer at it's a laugh productions..........

It's a laugh productions and disney channel are in production on a new series pilot titled "ant farm".

The show is being produced by dan signer. Signer has worked as co-executive producer, consulting producer, and writer on the disney channel series "the suite life of zack and cody" and "the suite life on deck".

The show is being produced by it's a laugh productions, the same production company behind the disney channel hit shows hannah montana, wizards of waverly place, the suite life on deck, jonas, and many more.

It's a laugh productions is owned by the walt disney company.

The producer had found an ad I had posted on craigslist selling a couple old 59 willys wagons. One is sitting on a Scout II chassis.

He says they are looking for an old beater to use in the upcoming season 2 of "ant farm" and explained to me what the scene was about.

I told him that I have several IH and other vehicles that might fit his criteria better.

He asked for some pics of what I have, so I get the camera and take a few shots of some scouts and emailed them to him.

The scene is supposed to be in the desert.

They wanted an old rusted beater that looked like it has been sitting abandoned for years, they want to bury it to the frame and stick old wheels on it to make it look burnt out.

He replies with great interest in a pretty beat up 2wd Scout I have with a Scout II hard top just sitting on it.

He asked about the top, he wanted the dimensions to put a rack on it and explained what they were going to do.

I told him the top does not fit right on it being an 800, but that I did have a damaged top that they could use along with an old rack I have. He said great and passed the info on to his partner.

They contact me a couple days later and say they have a problem, the scene is in the outbacks. But that they noticed a couple rhd 2wd postal scouts in the pics and asked about them,so that's where the rhd came in handy,say they want to talk,I said ok, come over and lets go over what we need to do and discuss the monetary part amongst other pertinent things involved.

Next day the producer is at my shop and we take a walk to the potential new movie Scout and he is in awe of all the IH vehicles I have and complimented me on them. He looks over a few and decides he wants to use this one.

But .....he wants the hood and front assembly off this Scout.

We agree and move on to the rack, he likes it and then we discuss and make the deal.

Here is the new movie star ready for loading on trailer.....

Here it is loaded and ready for the trip to hollywood.

Here it is ready to unload.....

Attachments

Last edited:

isasih

Isa's International Harvester
Here it is in the studio where I left it for the shoot.....

One of the producers...busy,busy!!

Here we are picking it up after the shoot.....

Sporting a new rustic paint job........

Leaving hollywood studios.......

I don't know when this is coming out as I don't watch tv, but if anyone of you with kids who are into the disney shows, tell them to keep an eye out for it and lets us know how it came out!

Just thought I would share this with all! :dita::d

Last edited: