• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Holley Sniper EFI

dmf6978

Ok so I have yet another update on my struck and Holley EFI system. Took the guy yesterday 2.5 hours to realize that the problem COULD be because my main tank has no venting from the fuel tank, so when I go into gear its putting too much torque on the ssyte, and the EFI system doesnt have enough response time. This is when its stalling out. I have my aux tank which they have also connected to the system. That happens to be vented with some contractpion he installed. Looks like a little air cleaner poping out of the tank. I am still not convinced the system is 100% accurate as it stalled 5 times before i waited for it to warm up in my garage. I am not sure what others think about the Holley but im starting to think its a total piece of shit. Everyone said go with the Hamilton and i get it, but I wanted the LCD read out so it is what it is. I understand fuel injection is a tough thing on a 50 year old vehicle but i should have no more problems. The speed shop guy also told me the truck runs way to cool for his liking. Almost 170 and said that was bad so to get a 195 Tstat. I guess I will buy that from IHAmerica and give that a shot. Who said old vehicles was fun.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
A little air cleaner coming off the fuel tank?? This does not sound right at all. Pop your gas cap off of the main tank. Does it still stall while running off of that tank? If it does, then it's not a vent problem. Really sounds like the IAC setting needs to be adjusted. Again, have not installed a Sniper system here at IHPA, but we have a lot of experience dealing with fuel injection systems.

dmf6978

Yeah I spoke with Holley this morning. He did mention something about the IAC Park %. This is due to me starting the vehicle cold and then dropping it into reverse. Truck stalls out. Seems it needs to warm up more. They also stated the ramp idle speed settings which is why at random times I will be driving along, take my foot off the gas and come to stop light or stop sign. It has stalled various times when the AFR goes into the red, and wont compensate fast enough to keep running. I will try and get under the truck for better photos of the complete system. I just know my aux tank is vented but they never vented the main tank.

dmf6978

Jeff do you guys sell a vented cap for the 67 1200b? I just purchased some other parts needed from you. I think what I have on there now is supposed to be vented but i think not enough of a vented cap due to the pressure from the fuel system according to the speed shop who did the work. Holley said to adjust the IAC Park % and Ramp Idle Speed.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Jeff do you guys sell a vented cap for the 67 1200b? I just purchased some other parts needed from you. I think what I have on there now is supposed to be vented but i think not enough of a vented cap due to the pressure from the fuel system according to the speed shop who did the work. Holley said to adjust the IAC Park % and Ramp Idle Speed.
If you look at my last post, I put in a link to the vented gas cap on our website.

dmf6978

Crap I missed it. I hope the previous order didn't go out and I can add that to my list. Calling customer service now. No offense but that is not a very pretty gas cap :(