• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Greg R's 79' Scout II

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
The Scout was starting to really come together.

But still needed plenty.

The interior was still needing to be completed at this point.

The rear section of the Scout was finished off with the final installation of the tail lights and bumper.

The door glass, regulators, handles, etc were installed.

Some speakers were installed as part of the stereo system.

Floor insulation was applied first before the mat was installed.

A custom mount for the stereo's amplifier was fabricated.

In preparation for its installation the back seat was cleaned up and painted.

Lots going on at this point. The passenger seat was installed next along with the center console.

Attachments

Last edited:

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
The guys hard at work getting the Scout finished up.

After the driver side seat was installed next to go in was the show bar.

Followed by the back seat and seatbelts.

Next up to be installed was the softopper soft top - soft top kit for 71'-80' Scout II - International Scout partsthe top was removed from its packaging and laid out on the floor.

With the frame work up Darren and paul work together to get the top installed.

This Scout is starting to look even better!

A look on the inside.

Attachments

Last edited:

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Next to be installed were the door panels.

Followed by the door speakers and interior handles.

The shifter boots, balls, etc were finished up.

With a delivery deadline looming the whole group did nothing but work on this Scout for two straight days.

Of course at the last moment the previous rebuilt thermoquad carb we had installed crapped out so a edelbrock carb was installed in its place - edelbrock 600cfm 4bbl performer carburetor - International Scout parts

After a test drive of around 15 miles it was the first miles put on it in well over ten years.

Below are a few random pictures of the Scout and its interior.

Attachments

Last edited:

derek.daniel

Very nice! I just joined this forum today, and I'm loving it! I recently bought my first Scout. It's a 1972 Scout II. It's got 345 v8, auto tranny, and has 5.13 gears in the front and rear end. The guy I bought it from really only used it on trails and in mud so he put the 5.13 gears in, lifted it, and put 38.5" mudders on it. I doubt I'll ever run it through mud, so I'm probably going to put a smaller lift and tires on it. It runs good, and is in decent shape, but I'm going to eventually do a complete restore on it. Right now it has a stock shifter boot, and the stock center console. I really like the shifter cover and center console in the one you guys did. Are those things that you built or can they be purchased somewhere?

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
very nice! I just joined this forum today, and I'm loving it! I recently bought my first Scout. It's a 1972 Scout II. It's got 345 v8, auto tranny, and has 5.13 gears in the front and rear end. The guy I bought it from really only used it on trails and in mud so he put the 5.13 gears in, lifted it, and put 38.5" mudders on it. I doubt I'll ever run it through mud, so I'm probably going to put a smaller lift and tires on it. It runs good, and is in decent shape, but I'm going to eventually do a complete restore on it. Right now it has a stock shifter boot, and the stock center console. I really like the shifter cover and center console in the one you guys did. Are those things that you built or can they be purchased somewhere?
Sorry for the late reply as I just noticed this post. Both the center console and shifter cover can be purchased from us. Best to call our sales office at 530-268-0864 for pricing and questions.

DocG

Jeff,
the Scout looks great! I'm glad you saved one of them. That blue is gorgeous.

What kind of "seal conditioner" did you use on the windshield frame? Does it revive old rubber? I lightly sandblasted the rubber on my side vent windows to get off the old paint, and am looking for something to condition and seal the rubber.

Alton

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Jeff,
the Scout looks great! I'm glad you saved one of them. That blue is gorgeous.

What kind of "seal conditioner" did you use on the windshield frame? Does it revive old rubber? I lightly sandblasted the rubber on my side vent windows to get off the old paint, and am looking for something to condition and seal the rubber.

Alton
The windshield rubber was new. The seal under the windshield frame and wing windows were about the only seals we reused. When reviving a older weatherstrip I usually just give them a good hot water bath using simple green. From there my windshield installer has some type of conditioner in a spray can that he applies. Not sure what it is but I can find out next time he is here.

DocG

Thanks Jeff.

I will check with a friend of mine who puts in glass too. He might have something.

I'm enjoying surfing the shops build ups. Good way to pass the night on the graveyard shift. I can't wait to redeploy home and start wrenching. Enjoy the holidays.

That's a GM color, right? GM had a wonderful blue that, with slight variations, was used across their lineup. When my '80 was smacked and had some panels replaced, the shop analyzed the paint and came up with the formula (a darn good match) and said it was one of those GM blues. Last year I found that spec sheet but haven't been successful in running it down. Yours is frighteningly close!

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
that's a GM color, right? GM had a wonderful blue that, with slight variations, was used across their lineup. When my '80 was smacked and had some panels replaced, the shop analyzed the paint and came up with the formula (a darn good match) and said it was one of those GM blues. Last year I found that spec sheet but haven't been successful in running it down. Yours is frighteningly close!
No, its a IH color. From my guess it was special order for 1979 but a regular color for 1980(my color sheet for 1980 has the chip on it).

PacificEd

I believe the paint code number is 6029. I had a 1979 postal Scout II that was painted the same blue and that is the code on the LST.