• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Fuel Injection Recommendation Pros/Cons?

Scooter

Hamilton fuel injection

Great kit. And it's geared more for the IH vehicles. I installed one on a friend's 69 scout 800. Pretty straight forward install, following the instructions. At some point, I plan on installing one on my own scout. I don't have any experience with that holly kit so I can't comment on it.

There is a link up at the top of this page to the store of IH Parts America. They do have the Hamilton kit listed on their website

Last edited:

dmf6978

Interesting find. thanks. wonder how that compares to the holly kit. I will certainly email them. I have a 67 1200B pickup and i know that website mainly caters to the scout market.

Scooter

Interesting find. thanks. wonder how that compares to the holly kit. I will certainly email them. I have a 67 1200B pickup and i know that website mainly caters to the scout market.
IH truck or scout, doesn't matter. The Hamilton kit will fit. Bill Hamilton caters the kits for the IH motors. He has, also, set up a few of his kits for several other vehicle manufacturers.

Comparing the Hamilton kit to Holly kit, I think you would be better off with the Hamilton kit. He is extremely knowledgeable regarding setting it up. And goes out of his way to help.

There are several other efi kits that have been used on these Ole IH vehicles over the years. But Hamilton seems to be the most reliable, from what I have heard and read over the years.

Edit:
In no way am I a sales person, or an employee of Hamilton or IH Parts America. I'm a long time customer of IHPA. I was just up at their store location last Friday picking up front D-44 housing and purchasing a few other parts. I have also installed one of the Hamilton efi kits into a 69 IH rig.

Last edited:

dmf6978

thanks for your honesty and help. i emailed bill and i got a response. i like to do things myself and work on my truck but its hard to find an expert where i live in NJ who works on international trucks and knows them.

Scooter

Any time. Glad I can help. Bill is another honest guy with a passion for these old iron rigs.

I can totally relate to working on these ourselves. Most shops near me are clueless regarding the scouts and IH pickups. I have had the luxury of fixing several mistakes made by a few different so called pro 4x4 shops, and two different times on the same scout for a friend.

IH Parts America does top notch work. And their customer service is great. I recently just had them do a cut-n-turn on my spare front D-44 axle housing last week.

I'm unaware of any shops in NJ, or on the east coast, that specializes in IH vehicles. Few and far in between.

dmf6978

So I decided to go with the Holley Sniper EFI system. Found what i hope turns out to be a good mechanic in my area who runs a speed shop and has been doing EFI systems for many years. trucks been in the shop for about 1 month now while they take their time. Heard it start up yesterday at the shop but its not 100% dialed in yet. I cant wait to hear this thing down the road as its a major upgrade for my truck.

I will end up selling my 2300 Holley which was just rebuilt about 6 months ago. Any clue what I should be asking?

So I decided to go with the Holley Sniper EFI system. Found what i hope turns out to be a good mechanic in my area who runs a speed shop and has been doing EFI systems for many years. trucks been in the shop for about 1 month now while they take their time. Heard it start up yesterday at the shop but its not 100% dialed in yet. I cant wait to hear this thing down the road as its a major upgrade for my truck.

I will end up selling my 2300 Holley which was just rebuilt about 6 months ago. Any clue what I should be asking?
$150 at most. Brand new ones are in the $250-350 range.

dmf6978

True, but how would I be able to revert back? Entire system has been swapped over. even got electronic timing on the distr. Cant wait to pick up this truck already. Been in the shop for 4 weeks now.