• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Coming Soon - CPT Scout II Leaf Springs

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
Sorry for the late reply. The rear tires at full stuff still rub the inside of the wheel well but that is typical of most any Scout II with wider than stock tires.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
I'd be interested in a set of 2". Springs. Do the springs relocate the rear axle back at all?
No, not really, the pictures from my previous post show how far forward the rear axle is and needs to be as the springs compress the axle will move rearward.

SS2

Hey Jeff, how are you getting the military wrap to fit in the stock spring pockets on the rear of the front springs? Is your test Scout set up with reverse shackle already? I had a set of full military wrap superlift springs and they wouldn't fit. I had to modify the front spring rear attachment points.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
hey Jeff, how are you getting the military wrap to fit in the stock spring pockets on the rear of the front springs? Is your test Scout set up with reverse shackle already? I had a set of full military wrap superlift springs and they wouldn't fit. I had to modify the front spring rear attachment points.
The springs have been designed to fit the stock front spring mounts although we haven't tested it yet to verify. The test Scout is set up with a reverse shackle. The superlift springs have a huge military wrap where these have a very tightly wound wrap.

Korllach

Would these front springs be too stiff for use in scouts with an lt1 or ls engine? The lift springs I have now are so stiff they don't really flex at all.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
would these front springs be too stiff for use in scouts with an lt1 or ls engine? The lift springs I have now are so stiff they don't really flex at all.
If you have a reverse shackle, a winch and winch bumper and overall the Scout is still fully dressed out(not stripped down for weight reduction) then the ride should be ok. We feel if you still have a shackle forward design and no massive bumper, etc then more than likely it will be a bit stiff. Of course if you have the time we can special order springs for you tailored to your exact needs.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
After six months of testing we are satisfied with the end result. To start with we have ordered in three sets of springs. For those interested in one of these first few please contact our sales department.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
First batch of CPT Scout II springs have arrived. Be the first to buy the best set of springs ever made for your Scout II.

Attachments

77SSII

Reading the thread, you mentioned custom ordering springs for a truck w/an lt-1. Would you custom order for a truck that will be a pavement pounder only for a super plush ride?
Was thinking about a SOA just to go back to stock springs for a nice on road ride.
Would a 2" or 4" be necessary for 33's on 15x10 wheels (not sure of the offset)?
How long of a wait?
Thanks,

Michael Dimock

IH Parts America Sales Assoc.
We could have a custom set made that was of a slightly lower spring rate in the front if you wanted. Wait time would probably be around a month or so. Compared to most other 4" lift springs these are much "softer" in the ride quality department as they have so many tapered leaves (10 for the front). The current setup leaves a slight rake in the Scout if you were completely empty as we are anticipating that there will be spare tools/parts in the back. With the lighter engine you would probably sit more level empty. After riding in the Scout with these springs I would have to say that it rides better than stock. We only offer these in a 4" currently and that is definitely needed for 33's. Hope this helps and I can't guarantee that any of my speculation is 100% accurate as we have not tested the springs in this scenario.

77SSII

Thanks michael,
my truck actually has an sv (304) but I am looking to drink super hot mcdonald's coffee w/out a lid :) plushness is my top priority. I know it's not a cadi but the softer the better in my book and 4-6 weeks wouldn't be a problem. What shocks and bushings (rubber or poly) would you recommend for an on road only truck?
This would be a lot less hassle than a SOA conversion, would you agree?

Michael Dimock

IH Parts America Sales Assoc.
Sorry about the late reply. For the bushings I would go with the graphite impregnated poly like we sell as they tend to last longer than the low quality rubber we get now a days. I haven't really detected much of a difference ride quality wise between the two. This would be definitely easier than a SOA but we would recommend installing a reverse shackle kit if you haven't already. Bilstein's would be my choice for a high quality shock. These springs are about as soft as you can get for the front concerning the amount of weight that is hanging over the front axle. I'm only guessing, but to make them softer you would have to add more arch to the pack to compensate for the lower spring rate. I would be worried about sagging over time if we went to far with lowering the spring rate. The spring packs are 2 5/8"s thick for the front and 3 1/4"s for the rear.