• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

Binder Bee 2015 needs new leadership

Those of us who have been "driving" Binder Bee, some of us involved for all 10 shows, are not able to able to continue producing the show. Both carl and I have taken on supervisory roles at work and do not have the time needed to put on a quality show. Dan jaquith is busy with his young family and working as well.

What I am trying to say is the show needs new leadership to step forward if there is going to be a 2015 Binder Bee. Carl and I have all of the show equipment and would be happy to hand it off.

Post a reply here, email carl or me or give us a call if you interested in taking the Binder Bee into the 11th year.

Lyle

Unfortunately, no, there is not going to be a show this year. No one stepped up to take over the leadership roles.

Lyle

MarkO

I agree, what a bummer.

But without someone to lead the way it can't happen.

I wish I lived closer or I would have stepped up.

OSUBEAVER

Major bummer. What sort of leadership needs to happen for this? Maybe a 2016 revival is in order. I live in corvallis work full time and have a child, but damnit this show needs to happen! Let us all find a way. If I can help, I will.

It's simple. The show needs someone to step up and take over managing the entire show. Managing does not mean doing it all, but deciding what needs to happen and making it happen by what ever method is chosen; volunteer coordination, managing by a group or sub-groups, etc. The show needs someone who can provide a fresh start, new ideas, etc. Yes, it's wide open as to how the show is put together.

Hope this helps answer your question,

lyle

MarkO

I think the Binder Bee is effectively dead unless and until someone steps up to head up the show.

As Lyle has said, it doesn't mean that whomever heads it up has to do everything. But someone has to be in charge to make sure all the bases get covered.

ihpartsjeff

Administrator & Owner
Staff member
I sure do miss heading north each summer. Paging Scoutdude80 who I believe showed interest in possibly stepping up for the position??

MarkO

It is too late to do anything about it for this summer.

But I would be willing to help out getting this fun activity going again.

Being 100 miles away from Brooks, OR does make meeting in person a bit of a problem though.

Keep me posted as to what happens.

OSUBEAVER

I'm also happy to help out with this if we have a team of people to do it together. I live in philomath, not too far from ol brooks...but probably 40 bucks in fuel in the ol Scout.

Scoutboy74

Its a sad state of affairs. The Binder Bee at the peak of its popularity was a nice gathering. Even though I is an Oreegoneeyun, I'm 175 miles from Brooks. Its a ways, but it isn't like traveling to the moon either. I remember being envious of the IHSTO club when membership was strong and things were hopping. I was in Medford then, which is even further from Brooks than where I live now. I so wished that I lived closer so that I could attend the meetings and participate in other club functions. Now its pretty much dead. Binder Bee 2018. If we built it, would they come? Would Kevin Costner come? Would Darth Vader come?

Several things led to the demise of the show. A number of us had been involved with the show for all 10 years. Some of us were simply burned out, others had life style changes ( an increase in family size) or job change, etc.

Powerland was getting more difficult to work with and the rent for the grounds was increasing.

The show needs new leadership with new ideas and maybe new location, unless things have changed at Powerland.

We still have most of the stuff used to put the show on and there is money in the treasury to make it happen.

A few of us still meet at Elmers in Salem on the first Thursday of the month. The next meeting is this coming Thursday, June 1st, with those who want to eat dinner arriving around 6pm. I know Salem is not close to most of you but wanted to throw it out there.

Personally, I would like to see an Oregon show again. We had a great time.

Lyle

Scoutboy74

I'm around Canyonville, so even as far down as Medford would be enticing to me. You're still out there in C.J., right? On a side note, did you see that the McGrew Trail there in your backyard has been closed indefinitely? The Nazis had been threatening for years and they, in conjunction with their jack-booted henchmen in BLM uniforms finally made good on the threat. What a bunch of bullshit. That was about the closest thing in Oregon to the Rubicon. Not that I'm equating the two, but it was a pretty fun trail with great camping alongside the North Fork of the Smith River at the end. Thinking about a future Binder Bee in perhaps a new, Southerly venue had me also thinking about an organized trail ride on Sunday as a bookend to the event. McGrew would have been a natural choice. At least I can say I got to run it a few times before the Nazis locked it up and threw away the key. Just getting so sick of more and more of our land being locked up and gated shut. This is still America last time I checked.

scoutdude80

Still at the junction. At least Josephine gets to keep the jail open with passage of the levy. Still hasn’t been determined how many sheriffs will now come to the IV. Basically have one patrolling 10am-4pm daily. Shit, a while back I called 911 at midnight because of tweakers in the neighborhood. I was told the sheriff’s office was closed. One advantage living next to war time vets is they won’t hesitate to blow some tweaker away.

I am cautious about traveling north. I need to stay close to home for health reasons. I can take part in planning.

What wine is to Napa Valley, pot is to the Illinois valley.

Scoutboy74

It is the wild, wild west there in Jo-Co, especially the more rural portions. I feel for ya. Here in neighboring Doug-Co the Sheriff Dept is fairly well staffed, but even so, they can still get stretched pretty thin at times. There's been a few murders up here recently, at least one of which was perp'd by a tweaker.

Back on the subject of the Bee, I'm selfishly all for it being closer to home. Anywhere in Douglas, Josephine, or Jackson counties would fit that bill. Perhaps a large campground or a county fairgrounds. As such, I could envision myself being involved with it on multiple levels. I'm sure our buddies in NorCal wouldn't be opposed to a shorter drive either.

scoutdude80

Mcgrew is permanent.

Agreed with the NorCal thought. How much of the North would be interested traveling to the tri-county area, and could we get their support and assistance? Nothing like a new show to spark interest. I realized that with the Rallye vs. Western Regionals. Maybe Jeff would give us space on the forum for a private planning room.

7 Feathers would/could be kinda bitchin. About 3½ hours south of Portland; 1½ hours north of Methford.

JoCo fairgrounds is desperate for bucks. Not sure about onsite camping. The Illinois River Forks State Park has room for show-n-shine only. Its just south of CJ off 199, 40 minutes south GP and both I-5 exits. If only Mcgrew was open.

I put a call into a buddy who is a ranger with the forest service for info