• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

1979 Scout II Rallye make offer needs restoration

Rusty Scout

This is a rusty restoration project vehicle that is also a street legal, current and driveable. There is tons of hard work to be done to restore to showroom condition. Not too much work to be a solid ranch beater.

Current Registration and Clean Title no bs and runs, drives

Original owner was out of Danville, CA and had it special ordered
Second Owner was a Larkspur man from SFFD Truck Company 12 and his wife made him get rid of it cause it was getting rusty.
Third owner Me since 1992.

Original Sunburst Yellow, White Rallye Stripe with Sierra Brown Interior.

Factory Rallye trim package
345 with ThermoQuad 4bbl with decent oil pressure and power(that tells you this rig was taken care of)
727 built by Andy at Best Buy in San Rafael less than 20k ago
Dana 20 t case
Dana 44s rear has a lockright locker works fine 3.07 highway gears 11mpg
Factory A/C and Cruise
New Radiator 4 years ago

Wheels: 15x7 factory option chrome wheels
Tires: BFG mud terrain 31 x 10.50 x 15 some tread left not much will need replacing before any serious offroading

Flowmaster 40 Single Exhaust
All Smog stuff in place and functional
Rough Country 2" Springs and Shocks

Comfortable bench seat
Current Registration and Clean Title no bs
Removable Hard Top
Body Straight no crashes but bad rust

new heavy duty starter wiring
Scout diesel battery tray for
Group 31 big rig International big rig battery with new heavy duty cables
class 3 under factory step bumper hitch made by Scout Madness in Lubbock TX

extra parts:

Two very clean and rustfree 1980 scout doors, a factory roll bar and a fairly decent windshield frame included but not installed

make offer needs restoration

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/richmond-1979-international-harvester/6945359342.html

Attachments

Last edited:

Rusty Scout

nope sold it to a guy in lake isabella and gave him a ton of extra parts and extra goodies. he promptly threw in the towel and then sold it to a tatoo artist in san rafael with an eclectic collection of mopar musclecars. unknown if it will be restored properly. Can't look back now because my sale of this truck made my life a whole lot easier by being the down payment on a chevy express 3500 quicgley 4x4 wheelchair van. my guess is it will be up for sale again soon. keep an eye on craigslist.

twazm

I hv a very similar scout, color and all. Just curious what did it bring? I’m trying to decide if I wanna put anymore money into mine or go another route