• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

1979 IH Scout II - Seattle WA - $35k

usual suspect

1979 International Scout II

304 V-8 with 160k miles
727 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case
Dana 44 Axles Front and Rear

According to records I'm the 5th owner of this truck and have owned it since 2009. I have the title in hand. This truck comes with documentation which includes the original invoice, line set ticket and receipts of work performed and parts by me and previous owner dating back to 1993. Summer of 2007, previous owner disassembled as far as he could without doing a frame-off and repaired rusty spots by cutting out rust and replacing with metal patch panels then applied primer and flat green/flat black paint. The entire tub and the lower section of the outside have been coated with Hurculiner. The body is very straight with only a few notice able imperfections.

It has 304 v-8 with 153K miles, 727 trans, Dana 20 t-case, Dana 44 f/r with 4.09 gears, 4" rough country lift kit, 15x8 black steel wheels with New 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratrac tires including full size spare, 3” Flow Master exhaust, hard top, bikini top, folding rear seat, factory roll bar, front bench seat, clean interior, no cracks or rips in vinyl or dash pad anywhere, sliding side windows on hard top, SSII grill with Line-X, heater works and AC works (but probably needs to be oiled and then recharged again - I never use it), I get 15 mpg on highway, 4x4 works great.

I have had work done at several IH specific restoration shops over the years, and the records and invoices for it. As you’ll hopefully read through below, I’ve dumped all sorts of time and money into trying to improve the truck as best I can. It has been a fantastic vehicle for me, with many great memories, but I haven’t been using it much the last few years. So now it’s time to pass along the fun to the next person who wants to enjoy a classic IH with modern upgrades.

New Stuff:
Hamilton Throttle Body Fuel Injection - so also new Distributor, coil, fuel lines, spark plug wires, etc
Hydraulic assist brakes (instead of vacuum assist)
Transmission just rebuilt
CPT Reverse Shackle kit for front axle
CPT Heavy duty SUA bolt plate kit front and rear
Bilstein Shocks front and rear
Borgeson Steering kit - couplers and shaft
Steering box, straight steer brace
slotted brake rotors front, rebuilt drums rear
Rebuilt entire front axle
cut and turn front axle to align front driveshaft, 5* castor
All new wheel bearings, ball joints, poly body bushings, poly transmission mount, Engine mounts
Front cab metal body mounts
All wheel U-joints and driveline u-joints new Dana Spicer heavy duty
33 gallon fuel tank
4 post solenoid for starter
New door hinges (with grease fittings)
Freeze plugs, water pump, Rear main seal
Brake fluid flush, coolant flush
Rebuilt speedometer, also has appropriate calibration gear box

Some other stuff:
Xenon head lamps
Fresh weather stripping throughout
3 point seat belts in front seats
lap belts for rear seat
stereo system all marine grade components
windshield frame and glass
lift gate frame on hard top, gas shock hinges
emblems and chromed metal marker lights (factory marker lights were plastic in 1979)

List keeps going and going…

Comes with extra front and rear drive shafts, hardtop interior panels, used fender flares(not installed) and any other extra parts I have...it all goes.

Located near Seattle WA
Asking $35,000

Attachments