• To ALL forum users - As of late I have been getting quite a few private messages with questions about build ups here on the forum, or tech questions about your personal project. While I appreciate the interest, sending me a private message about these topics distracts from, and undermines the purpose of having a forum here. During the day I wear many hats as a small business owner-operator and I work tirelessly to provide the absolute best service possible to you, our valued customer. When I created this forum I rounded up some of the best minds I knew so that any tech question you might have could be asked and answered by either myself or one of my highly experienced moderators, this way the next time this same question is asked the answer can be easily found and utilized by the next IH enthusiast having the same question. This allows me the freedom to run the day to day operations of the business and minimize the impact to shipments and shop activities that these distractions can cause. It is of the up most importance for me to complete the daily tasks in order to best take care of you our customer, all the while providing you a forum to get the level advice and input you have come to expect and deserve from the premier IH shop in the country.

So with that I ask that anyone with a question about one of our build ups or a general tech question to please use the forum as it was intended. I am absolutely available by telephone to answer your questions as well but at times may direct you back to our website to better field your question or questions. Most other private messages I will be glad to answer for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff Ismail
    Owner/Operator

15" oem wheels to 16" steel wheels on SII

have a '79 SII with the oem 15x6 wheels. i'm running 31x10.5 tires. i'd like to bump to a 16" wheel to give me more tire choice and running a 33" equivalent. i'm also running the 10.5 oem dog dish hub caps from a 1/2 ton p/u. i like these and want to keep them. haven't had any luck finding a 16" steel wheel that will accept the hub caps, i think they exist. the wheels need the nubs for a snap fit of the roll flange on the hub caps. any insight is greatly appreciated.

FDChappie

My Scout, with a 4" lift is running 265/75-16 which are about 10 x 32 tires. They rub a bit on the leaf springs at full lock, but other than that they fit.into the wheel wells nice and keep the mud below the trim line. These are Rock Chucker wheels so no hub caps. IIRC some older F150's had 16" rims.

thanks Chappie. I'll keep my eyes open for F150 wheels. i seem to recall reading the scout hubs are a larger diameter than others. the center bore may be an issue.

thanks Winchested. i thought there was a wider and less expensive tire selection in 16s.

don't cringe, what's the thought on running a 33x10.5 on the oem 6" wheels. like an "oil" thread, lots of opinions out there on the web.

int77345

iv been running 33X10.50 tires on 42 year old OEM wheels for about 15 years. works good for me. at about 40K on the tires, they are flat worn out. i run them till nothing left.

iv been running 33X10.50 tires on 42 year old OEM wheels for about 15 years. works good for me. at about 40K on the tires, they are flat worn out. i run them till nothing left.
Thanks for the insight, very helpful. I assume your OEM wheels are 15x6?