IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
jrfeatherman

Member Number: 8673
Default 1979 International Scout II

Hello my name is Donnie, and I am a new Scout owner as of 2016. I bought my Scout as a project and going to use as a daily/weekend trail rig. I will be posting in phases of my project. I have completely disassembled my Scout and found more and more rust. Its going to be a about a 90 percent rebuild. I will probably be asking a lot of questions as I go along and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently starting the rebuild and have parts coming in weekly. My first step is going to rebuild the axles. I am going to stay with the Dana 44 for now until until I can decide/afford to upgrade them later with a little more research and highly dependent on budget. I like many other have lots of plans with what they want to do to their Scout, but money is a big factor in doing so. So at this point I am going to try and make due with some of the parts I already have, and upgrade at a later time. I will also be replacing the rear body parts from the firewall back minus the doors. This is going to be my lifer vehicle or as long as parts are still available to purchase. I am planning on building my Scout around my desired tire size and will make adjustment on the way. I am sure I will be making a lot as I am new too this. I will have pictures on my profile to view with little descriptions until I can figure out how to upload them to the thread. I had error message trying to upload pictures. Thank you for reading this far and hope to hear good feed back as I continue my project.

Last edited by jrfeatherman; 05-11-2017 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: Switched 1970 to 1979
jrfeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote