IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Area > IH Parts America Product Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 09-23-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Yukon Cornelius

Member Number: 9388
Default Windsheild washer bag?

Greetings,

I'm beginning to restore a 69 1100D 4x4 truck. As I'm sure most of you know, for us beginners there is so much to learn. So, my first of many future questions is: What on Earth do you guys use to replace those windshield washer bags?

This is the first time I've seen a bag used, and not a plastic reservoir of sorts. When perusing through IH America's parts list I saw a used one for an astounding $100. Now don't get me wrong, as a capitalist, I'm all for making an honest buck. However, it wasn't pretty looking and that just seems like quite the gamble.

So what are the alternatives? What have others used?

Thanks
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
Zaedster
Future Owner of IH Parts America

Member Number: 7132
Default Re: Windsheild washer bag?

Yukon,

Usually D-Series trucks (1969-75) came with the square style plastic washer bottle found here: https://www.ihpartsamerica.com/store...Category_Code=

They mount on the driver side inner fender up front using a basic metal bracket.

Thanks.
Zaedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Yukon Cornelius

Member Number: 9388
Thumbs up Re: Windsheild washer bag?

Oh, well that was easy. However, my 69 definitely had/has the bag. It's falling apart with numerous holes in it, but it's still there. Maybe the earlier production models had the bag and then they wised up and switched to the bottle.

Regardless, I don't think I'll be sinning too much by using the bottle opposed to the bag.

Thanks a million!
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1100d, advice, restoration, truck, windshield washer bag