IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Fuel Injection
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
sandrider123

Member Number: 4189
Default Product Opinion Russell fuel system kit- Worth it or way over priced?

I am doing a ls swap on my Scout I ahve already elected to use a painless harness that integrates the chassis and engine harness together. Now in the name of complete solutions for fuel I am looking at at russell's complete kit #641605 this what the site says:

this kit provides a complete fuel system for GM ls-series and chrysler hemi engine swaps in muscle cars, street rods and off-road vehicles. These kits include an in-line edelbrock electric fuel pump #3594, regulator/fuel filter assembly, fuel pump relay and wiring assembly, fifteen feet of proflex hose, plus an assortment of hose ends, adapters and mounting hardware. When using with oem fuel tank sending units, an additional adapter to -6 male an is required.

So what do you think worth it or way over priced?
sandrider123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Member Number: 7
Default Re: Product Opinion Russell fuel system kit- Worth it or way over priced?

Looking at summit, it looks pretty pricey for what you get.
I would price the parts separate.
Unless you really want to use that pump I'm sure there are others that would work fine.
I know braded hose and an fittings aren't cheap so that May be where the money is.
I have used summit, ebay and speedway motors for an fittings.

You May want to talk to bo185 over on binderplanet. He does these swaps and knows parts and prices for the wiring and the computer flashing.
May save you some $$$

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
Learn to do it right.
Bill USN-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Member Number: 543
Default Re: Product Opinion Russell fuel system kit- Worth it or way over priced?

Try bonaco. They are the best balance of price and quality... Of course an is best. bonaco inc. - brake lines, an fittings, aluminum fittings, ptfe hose ends, carburetor fuel line kits, fuel gauges and more...
I have used bonaco hardware for nitro methane, methanol and gas. Have yet to find better. In many cases the designs work better than an.

Russel fittings are as bad as there is from a fitting standpoint... I won't use them. If quality

“Don't lift until the fear of death over comes the fear of speed.” Author Unknown
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote