IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Fuel Injection
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 12-19-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
Blues1110

Member Number: 7417
Default 1973 1110 HFI install

Just finished The install of an HFI on my pickup. Just wanted to give a little rundown of it if anybody is on the fence about it. '73 1110 with 304 and BW automatic, I used a '91 blazer 31 gallon tank with the in tank TBI pump; tank, pump, sending unit and straps under $200 from rock auto. I used a fuel gauge interface module from speedway motors to make the GM sending unit work correctly with the original IH fuel gauge. The Hamilton system is a very complete and well thought out system, instructions are very thorough as well. Followed the directions and completed all the prestart checks and when I went for the first start it scared the crap out of me when it started almost immediately!! From there I completed the initial timing check, iac setup, and finally the tps setup. Haven't had a chance to log any drive time yet but the immediate starts are impressive already, can't wait to get some seat time and log some data. Thanks Bill for all the hard work and time you've put into these systems.

1974 Scout II 345 SV TF 727
Fitech EFI go Street 400
Blues1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Member Number: 7
Default Re: 1973 1110 HFI install

Glad to hear things went well.
I always like to get feedback, even if something can be improved.
I want my systems to be the best they can be.

Now log some data and send me the files so I can see how it's doing.
;-)

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
Learn to do it right.
Bill USN-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
Blues1110

Hey Bill, I sent you an email with a couple of logs and BLMs attached. Maybe that was enough logged data to get some tuning done. Iím having an issue with it intermittently cutting out under load. It doesnít do it all the time it just seems kinda random. I did recheck the timing and also cleaned and reattached all the grounds and power cables. I feel like itís more electrical than fuel related, at one point it stopped logging data and froze up after it cut out. It does seem better after redoing the grounds but still does it some. Any ideas on what else to look at, have you seen this before? Maybe you can see something in the logs.

Fitech EFI go Street 400
Old 03-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #4
Blues1110

Been a while since Iíve posted, truck is running really good with new chip. But Iím still having an issue logging data. I can get the laptop hooked up and communicating with green 20 in the box, but after a few minutes it freezes up and stops logging data. So Iím only able to get a few cells with data on the BLM. Iíve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and the aldl software but no luck. BTW this is on a windows 10 laptop. I really donít know if itís the laptop, the cable, or something else. Anybody have any ideas?

Fitech EFI go Street 400