IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Basic Tech Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #1
Ron Anderson

Member Number: 7352
Default SSII Half Doors.

I have had people ask this a few times as I have a set of half doors on my (actually my wife's) SSII. I also can't figure out how to post a pic on a PM, So I figure I will post this. The half doors are nothing more than full SSII door frames cut down to the top of the insert height and a bar welded across the top. Easy to make if you at least have a SSII door frame for a pattern. The biggest issue with the SSII doors are the handle return spring and the Whitco handles themselves. Those are no longer made. If you need a set you might get lucky on e-bay, or wherever, but it is much harder to source those than it is to bend a frame. Last time I helped hunt a set down for an SSII, the jeep people were the biggest competition. Trying to rebuild 1970 era jeeps with all the correct parts. I remember Glancy selling the handles for about 14 dollars way back, wished I had purchased all he had.
Attached Images

Ron Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:14 AM   #2
Winchested

Member Number: 9303
Default Re: SSII Half Doors.

Those are slick for sure thanks again!

I like that you didn't get them made with the clear vinyl too.
Winchested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
Ron Anderson

Member Number: 7352
Default Re: SSII Half Doors.

I thought about doing the windows. There were a few reasons that I did not. Clear vinyl tends to shrink causing fitment issues over time. Most upholsters I talked to don't have the tools to do the vinyl welds. The clear vinyl tend to get scratched easily so they are more difficult to maintain.. Also cheaper to go without the lower windows.
Ron Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote