IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
BrokeGunner

Member Number: 8934
Default Any info to be shared on the 2WD Scout 80?

Hello to the IH Family!!!

I had a great time at the IH Sierra Fall Rallye and both mine and my buddy's Scout made the 200 mile trip with no issues so it was a great Saturday trip for us.

So here I am sitting with the wife having a cup of coffee yesterday morning and BOOM I see a Scout come up on the FB marketplace for cheap!

I was able to go over there yesterday evening with my neighbor that has a car trailer and while we were looking it over I realized there are no shifters for the TC... and no TC period!! That's when I made the realization that it is a 2WD. The VIN is right around FC65XXX so I am guessing it is a 1963 but that is all I know about it so far.

So my question is regarding the 2WD Scouts... I have looked up everything I can find online and I am wondering if anyone can give me a clue on why it has 5 lug hubs up front? I know the Scout II 2WD have a tube front but this Scout 80 has an I-beam front axle, so the only thing that makes sense is someone put on different hubs or swapped in a straight axle from another vehicle (seems unlikely).

I can confirm there is no hole in the trans cover, so I am pretty sure it's an original 2WD and the 4 lug rear makes sense... just trying to wrap my mind around the 5 lug fronts.
Attached Images

1) Running - 1967 800 w/196E named the "Orange & Vanilla"
2) Parts - 1969 800A w/196 named "the purple one"
3) Running - 1971 800B Comanche 304/4sp
4) Frame & Tub - 1971 800B donor for Comanche
BrokeGunner is offline   Reply With Quote