IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Trail Runs and Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Sledgehammer

Member Number: 4315
Default Southern IL trail run

I got the chance to take a trail ride last sat with a group from a county south of mine. Eight rigs showed up and rolled south to some trails that no one in the group had ever seen. We expected gravel roads and sight seeing. The trails were on public land and we had forest service permission so that was good enough. Very quickly, we figured out that these trails were going to be more than fall colors and dust. Out of 8 rigs, there were 5 that did not want to risk body damage or scratches. The rest of us (3) took off and decided to meet up with the group later in the day. Of the group I was the only Scout and the heaviest vehicle. The other two were an xj on 33's and a 4 door geo tracker with a subaru turbo running on rented tires/wheels (yeah I said rented ). The trails were very tight and winding without much sign of recent use. We saw everything from rock ledges to deep mud pits and washed out trenches. We did two trails and got done with about 1/2 hour of daylight left. I thought I would share a few pics I have from the day since everyone like pics.

The big tree kept him from going over. This was driver induced. The articulation of the little tracker was pretty impressive.