IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Basic Tech Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 04-10-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
SR2dude

Member Number: 1433
Default Reviews of the CPT Gold Series Tierod and Draglink Setup

Hey guys! Long time no post here. I've been pretty busy over at BB the past few months detailing my build over there. I'll go ahead and make a thread on here as well for everyone here to see.

Little background: I have a 1970 800 SR-2 that I've had for quite a while and finally have the time, space and funds to start building. So far I took out the rear floor, got a 15 gallon CJ gas tank kit from D&C Extreme, am in the process of converting to PS using a SII box and travelall pump/reservoir. This will be all until the end of summer when I hopefully will start to upgrade the suspension and axles and all that jazzy stuff.

The reason for my post today: While I was taking off the old manual box I realized that my tierod looked like I could attach a string to both ends and take it hunting so I need to replace it. Been doing some research here and there and came across the CPT Gold Series tierod and draglink set from IHPA. The kit looks awesome and exactly what I am looking for. I have no problem paying for quality products so I wanted to get reviews or opinions from someone who has it installed on their 800.

In the description it says "What's nice about our new design is that it can be lengthened and used on Scout Dana 30 or 44 front axles if one ever chose to swap one in." Does that basically mean that if you choose to swap in a SII axle the kit will work and wont need to be replaced again?! I hesitate to buy an expensive kit for my 800 if it wont work when I swap in SII axles down the road.

Let me know what you guys think and give me your feedback or review! When I get the chance I'll try to mirror my BB thread over here for everyones enjoyment.

Thank you!!
SR2dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default Re: Reviews of the CPT Gold Series Tierod and Draglink Setup

If using our steering kit, and you later decide you want to swap in a Scout II front axle, the only thing that would need replacing would be the two outer tierod ends as they are a different taper.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 AM   #3
SR2dude

Member Number: 1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpartsjeff View Post
If using our steering kit, and you later decide you want to swap in a Scout II front axle, the only thing that would need replacing would be the two outer tierod ends as they are a different taper.
Hi Jeff, Appreciate your feedback! It's definitely one of my top options right now. I'll calll the shop once/if I decide. Thanks!
SR2dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:29 AM   #4
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2dude View Post
Hi Jeff, Appreciate your feedback! It's definitely one of my top options right now. I'll calll the shop once/if I decide. Thanks!
No problem and let me know if you have any other questions. Don't let some of the folks posting on Binder Planet dissuade you. Our kit is worth the money otherwise I wouldn't have competing IH vendors dropping their tierod kit in favor of ours.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
mallen

Member Number: 8283

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpartsjeff View Post
Are the scout II rod ends larger or smaller than the originals. In other words, if you want to swap in the scout II front axle, can you ream holes out or are the Scout (non II)ends too small?
mallen is offline   Reply With Quote