IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Transmission Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 01-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Richard

Member Number: 969
Default Speedo Cable issue

Just installed a T19 and D20 into my 1977 SII - 4cyl 1bbl. It works just fine, seems a bit better throttle response than the anemic 3 spd that was in before.

New issue: the speedometer is not working. when the speedo cable is hooked up to transfer case, no go on speedo. I tested the speedo with a drill gun - speedo works just fine. when connected to tranny,nothing. Attached picture shows the outlet at transfer case fr speedo cable. I am wondering: is it possible that the round part inside is broken? is it plastic? does this require a removal of the back end of the transfer case to remedy?

Also, the large grey object? I am guessing it is a "reducer" of some sort?

let me know and thanks?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedo gear .jpg (34.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg speedo gear 2.JPG (148.4 KB, 24 views)
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
Richard

Member Number: 969
Default Re: Speedo Cable issue

this may be a dumb question but, I have to ask:

is it possible that the speedo cable is not turning the correct way. When i have a drill gun running the speedo cable in reverse (counter-clock wise), the speedometer shows that it's working. The speedo gear that is plugged into the D20 transfer case is turning clockwise. or am I missing something here? DAMN!

Did the 3 speed have a"reverse (CCW)" gear, and the 4 speed have a forward (CW) gear turn?
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote