IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Carb Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 10-07-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
mbiver

Member Number: 9359
Default Installing Holley 2300

Just got the new Holley 2300 P/N 0-7448 kit from IH Parts and had a couple installation questions. The kit came with the thick mounting gasket, and also a thin gasket (picture attached). Im only supposed to use the thick gasket, correct? The thin one is just extra? Also, regarding the gold mounting studs, do I just finger tighten them to start and then the hold down nut fully tightens them when torqued? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B5F2518E-ACC0-4F0E-B577-0891A19EA9ED.jpg (69.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5BB1C7D3-5941-412C-92AC-D875BE3B76F4.jpg (68.6 KB, 9 views)
Prestolite distributor with petronix.
Fuel System: New 19Gal. Poly tank/Sending unit and Holley 2300 P/N 07448 kit from IHPartsAmerica, Nylon fuel line, relined original fuel neck filler tube.
Unknown non-oem modifications
mbiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
Robert Kenney
Super Moderator

Member Number: 543
Default Re: Installing Holley 2300

yes on the thick gasket only. No sealant.

The studs should be screwed in ahead of time. Use two nuts threaded on the upper threaded end, tighten to each other and use the top nut to screw the stud in. Then remove the nuts.

I would use a little medium strength thread locker on the threads of the stud threaded into the manifold before installing the stud.

Don't lift until the fear of death over comes the fear of speed. Author Unknown
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
mbiver

Member Number: 9359
Default Re: Installing Holley 2300

Thanks, Robert Kenney. The 2 nut trick worked like a charm. Also took your advice on the thread locker. Got the carb mounted on the thick gasket only and hand tightened the nuts. Not too tight though since it only called for 60 inch pounds. Removed the EGR valve and covered with the nice IH plate in the kit. Moving on to the throttle linkage and wondering if anyone knows where all the parts go that came with the kit from Jeff and team? They included it so I assume I need it. Where do I mount the included summit return spring bracket and which hole on the linkage do I bolt the throttle to? If anyone has pictures of a finished/complete install on another Scout 2/345 engine Id love to see it. Or if anyone has instructions that go along with these kits...anything helps. Thanks!
Prestolite distributor with petronix.
Fuel System: New 19Gal. Poly tank/Sending unit and Holley 2300 P/N 07448 kit from IHPartsAmerica, Nylon fuel line, relined original fuel neck filler tube.
Unknown non-oem modifications
mbiver is offline   Reply With Quote