IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Sponsored Events > Other Events Happening Around the Country
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Member Number: 7
Default 1st Annual NW IH Poker Run

That's right folks!
We are going to have the 1st annual north west International Harvester poker run.

It May be a little short notice but still plenty of time to make plans to attend.
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous up here and I just felt like others need to see the beautiful scenic whidbey island where I call home. If you are looking for it on the map then go north of seattle but turn left on 20 before you hit bellingham. If you hit the canadian border you went a little too far.
If your coming from the north eh just drive thru bellingham where you get your gas and groceries eh, and then turn right on 20 and take it right into oak harbor.

The plan is to get together in the morning for some good old fashioned meet and greet time. A little fender racing and some "there we were" stories.
We will be gathering at wind jammer park which is right on the water. There's a playground for the kids and a several ball fields to play in.
Lunch will be served at around noon.
Then the scenic drive begins.
Keep in mind that a poker run is not a race. It's more a scavenger hunt, but the only thing your looking for is the beautiful scenery and finding the hidden IH to pick up your next card.
You May want to bring some hiking boots for some of the worlds best trails.

Once you are done with all the stops along the way you return to the park.
The person with the best hand wins.

If anyone would like to stay around after we can all head out for dinner at one of the local establishments, and if you would like to stay longer, I'm sure some primitive accommodations can be provided.
Designated drivers all always available!!

Where: windjammer park, oak harbor, wa 98277

when: 25 May 2013...that's right, this month. The weather is perfect and it's a 4 day weekend. Come spend some time enjoying the company of fellow ihr's.
Stay longer if you want.

Cost: absolutely nothing. Gas is expensive enough. There no need to pay money to meet fellow ihr's.
There is an optional $5 buy in for the poker run. All funds will go back to the winners with the best hands. Or maybe some to the guy with the IH that doesn't make it. but I do have a garage and a few parts rigs should someone need assistance.

oak harbor attractions

Please reply to this thread or call me or the wife(leslie), or send me an email to let me know your planning to attend.

bill@hamiltonfuelinjection.com (360)969-2925
Attached Images

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
Learn to do it right.
Bill USN-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

Default Re: 1st Annual NW IH Poker Run

Just wanted to post a little update and a tip.
There are many small state parks over here to see and enjoy. If you live here in wa you May want to think about getting the discover pass. It allows you unlimited access to all state parks for $30. Most of the parks have a $10/day use fee. So 3 trips/visits throughout the yr pay for the pass.
If you or someone in your family is disabled then you can get the pass for free.

Right now the weather for the weekend here on the island is looking very nice with only a 10% chance of rain. So the odds are in our favor.

Looking forward to Saturday.

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
Learn to do it right.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

For those coming from the south be advised there was just a bridge collapse on i5 near mount vernon.
Here is a link to a bypass around the bridge which is actually a nice route.

google map detour

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
Learn to do it right.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Bill USN-1
F.I. Moderator

For those coming from the south, you May want to look at options like the mukilteo ferry.

Obviously this accident is going to impact traffic all up and down I-5.
There are a number of exits south that can be taken to the west and followed parallel to I-5.

Leave a little earlier and plan to relax and have a good time while your here.

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
Learn to do it right.