IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Basic Tech Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
Marshel

Member Number: 2543
Unhappy lift questions

I have a 66 IH 800 with 33's on it now and no lift and by some force of nature no rub . Thanks for any help in this matter.

Would doubling up the springs be a safe alternative to lift the truck without going the traditional ways . I have looked into trying to find a decent lift for this truck to no avail was considering going with one from a 66 Bronco but would like to stay clear of the Ford side of the house . Can some one please offer me som help / ideas . Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Last edited by Marshel; 01-16-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Marshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
SR2dude

Member Number: 1433
Default Re: lift questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshel View Post
I have a 66 IH 800 with 33's on it now and no lift and by some force of nature no rub . Thanks for any help in this matter.

Would doubling up the springs be a safe alternative to lift the truck without going the traditional ways . I have looked into trying to find a decent lift for this truck to no avail was considering going with one from a 66 Bronco but would like to stay clear of the Ford side of the house . Can some one please offer me som help / ideas . Thanks in advance and have a great day!
Doubling up the spring would make the ride really bouncy and more stiff. You could always do a shackle lift. Or get your springs re arched if there sagging.

Also, there are lift kits out there for scouts. Search the internet and you should be able to find one.
SR2dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Travis_Lassiter

Member Number: 2579

If your tires don't rub, shackle lift would be a good option, unless you want to jack it up more, then you can see what IHOnly has in store.
I bought my lift kit els where; not knowing about lifts from IHOnly until now.

Last edited by Travis_Lassiter; 01-20-2011 at 08:09 PM..
Travis_Lassiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshel View Post

If you need a lift kit for a Scout 80 or 800 we do offer a 2.5" spring lift with ubolts and bushings for $725. We also offer shackles that can add a slight lift. Best to call our sales office for more details.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, 800, lift