IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Carb Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 11-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #16
Maughan

Member Number: 3177
Default Re: Holley 1904 Economizer Replacement

Robert....how would one go about getting the whole rebuilt well assembly?
Maughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Member Number: 543

I do believe the store has them in stock if not michael has them. It would be best to call Jeff Monday and see.

“Don't lift until the fear of death over comes the fear of speed.” Author Unknown
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
Maughan

Member Number: 3177

I just got a rebuilt main well from michael mayben I put a rebuild kit in and I can't get it to idle. Anybody have some suggestions?
It's a 1904 on a 196 Scout 800. Thanks for any help you can give.
Maughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
FSM

Member Number: 5607

Hate to being up an old thread but I can't find these on the website. Do I need to call? Also I have a couple of these if you guys have a core or trade or anything.
FSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #20
ASE Doc

Member Number: 6921
Thumbs up Re: Holley 1904 Economizer Replacement

Hello folks, I have to make a quick comment this excellent thread. Awesome work! The time and care taken to rebuild the eco valve and metering block for this carb is very impressive. I am always impressed by great precision machine work.

I am not an IH owner but a service professional with the rare privilege of working on a 1966 IH pick up. The truck is a slightly neglected gem with 17,000 original miles. The issues it has are typical of a vehicle that has spent way too much time sitting out in the cold wet nw weather, and not nearly enough time being enjoyed and cared for by a loving owner.

Among the other work I'm doing is refreshing the carb, which suffers mostly just from sitting with old fuel in it and a rotted out accelerator pump. A gentle cleaning and new rubber and paper is all it really needed. Fortunately, and I'm sure largely due to the low miles, the eco valve is fine. I spent a lot of time cleaning the metering block passages to be sure all the cob webs were cleared out.

I will keep this forum in my bookmarks and as future work progresses on the gem of a truck, I'll likely be back. Thank you!
ASE Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #21
Tudorp

Member Number: 7791

Digging up old stuff. I am in the process of bringing a 1966 Scout 800 back to life. I am now in the process of rebuilding the old 1904. I had it apart yesterday and noticed that the econo pump is not working properly. Does anyone know if this mod, and/or part is still available? And if so, where can one get this?

Thanks
Tudorp is offline   Reply With Quote