Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Gas Engine Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
Ricky B
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Member Number: 5277
Location: So Cal
Posts: 29
Default Best PCV location--valve cover or valley pan?..

Tearing into my latest toy ('76 Traveler with the 304E). Had a massive intake and v/pan leak and this thing came with a PCV on each valve cover---very ungood if I remember a long post from Mr. Mayben a few years back. Oil and sludge frickin everywhere----inside and out. Rocker arm assembly for example looked like it came from the La Brea tar pits. Anyways before I start putting the top end back together next week I was wondering if installing a PCV and grommet on the valley pan is a better idea versus the PCV on the passenger side v/cover and the flame arrestor fitting on the driver's side that she currently has?.....😎

Thanx in advance,

I support gay marriage. As long as both chicks are hot...
Ricky B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
Join Date: Jul 2018
Member Number: 9303
Posts: 73
Default Re: Best PCV location--valve cover or valley pan?..

Either or they both do the same job. I got a valley pan from a local guy that didnt have the grommet hole in the pan. I drilled it out and used a die grinder to make it match a 304 pan I had. Also took the baffle from the 304 pan and tacked it on the 345 pan.

So if you do decide to do that you will need a baffle that goes from the back edge of pan at about 45-50 deg. about 4-5" long.
Winchested is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:40 PM.