IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 03-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
Colo1100B

Member Number: 7645
Default Re: 1967 Travelall "Hornet"

Just got word from Alcan that the springs are done. They needed me to provide them with the U-Bolt specs, which like this entire vehicle, aren't normal or easy. Four corners, 3 different U-Bolts, and only 7 used. IH was either the most or least efficient company I've ever seen!

Anyone know the backspacing of factory wheels for the small pattern? Once the lift comes in, the current tires will HAVE to go, and while im down there, I may look for some steelies, dont wanna guess on them though. Definitely open to any insights!

Thanks!
Colo1100B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #17
Colo1100B

Got the springs installed!! First time tackling leaf springs on a 50 year old vehicle. Definitely more involved than the Coilovers and rear Coils I replaced on my daily

Went with Alcan Springs all around, great experience, good people. These springs gave it a little bit of a "Stink Bug" look. (Higher Rear End) But not so much that I'm unhappy, especially considering I don't know what the future of this vehicle holds.

Did have to get the rear drive shaft extended, it is currently at the shop, should be done early next week. Rear brake hose is also stretched further than I'd like, will work on finding a longer replacement.

Also, Power Steering pump and pulley are fully functional, thats not the case for the hydraulic hoses though. Add those to the list. Power Steering would be AMAZING!

Really love the look of the truck now, the body now looks like I think it should, but the tires need addressing. Not sure if I want to replace the wheels and tires, or just tires. Measured while they were off, looks like they are 15x8 with 4" backspacing. I am in the air between 33" and going all out with 35" tires. 33" will probably win out.

Once the driveshaft is back from the shop, the truck will be fully driveable (in the daylight) next project is either filling the interior, or tackling wiring. Headlights don't work, and ultimately, the wiring is 50 years old, so a rewire is probably the wise decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New V. Old High.jpg (98.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg New V. Old Level.jpg (89.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Post Lift.jpg (91.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Pre Lift.jpg (106.1 KB, 88 views)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #18
Colo1100B

Got the driveshaft from the shop today. Fits perfect. Next concern is probably the break hose for the rear end. Extended a little more than Id like to see, also going to look into hydraulic shops to replace the PS hoses. Also need to replace the tires and make it look "like it should" Have had a blast getting this project started again!