IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Sponsored Events > Great Western Binder Bee - Currently Defunct
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Chris Pucci

Member Number: 479
Default Who is In?

My registration and check is in the mail!!! Woohoo -- no weddings, no double secret baby announcements, no brother home from the 'war on terror', nothing to stop me from attending! (knock on wood)

My Dana 44 Tech Pages
My Dana 44 Cut and Turn Page

Last edited by Chris Pucci; 04-28-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Chris Pucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3
Default Re: Who is In?

in!! Reservations made both to and fro. No Scout this year but we'll be there.
ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Of course we're in! There is an iou in the bee registration file since I got no idear where the checks are kept arount here!

Snailmail bee registrations went out Monday nite courtesy of the usps "click to mail" operation and lyle being able to finally make it work!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
Monte Lauer

Member Number: 478
Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris pucci View Post
my registration and check is in the mail!!! Woohoo -- no weddings, no double secret baby announcements, no brother home from the 'war or terror', nothing to stop me from attending! (knock on wood)
We new all along you were gonna be there. That's why we put you in charge of the swap meet.

1971 Scout II 810 Trail Buggy "Orange"
TPI SBC, 700R4, 203/300, 4.88, Lockers, 35's, Beadlocks, Bobbed, Pinched, Boat Sides, OBA, Hydroboost, Hydro Assist, Rocklights
KO0LIH

Apprentice Chester
Monte Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
Michael Mayben

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte lauer View Post
we new all along you were gonna be there. That's why we put you in charge of the swap meet.
Only problem is...chris don't know he's in charge of the swap meet until he shows up! But since we now got money on him, we know his tightazz is gonna show up!

Actually, he and momma did show up at the bee last year...a day early for the preview!

Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Chris Pucci

Member Number: 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte lauer View Post
we new all along you were gonna be there. That's why we put you in charge of the swap meet.
Amber said just yesterday when I was looking for my checkbook -- "we really need to volunteer for something. Remember how mad we got when no one volunteered when you were in charge?"....

So put me down for something - I will be there Saturday and Sunday - but not staying overnight. (and probably Friday afterwork, cause it really isn't that far...)

My Dana 44 Tech Pages
My Dana 44 Cut and Turn Page
Chris Pucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Michael Mayben

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris pucci View Post
amber said just yesterday when I was looking for my checkbook -- "we really need to volunteer for something. Remember how mad we got when no one volunteered when you were in charge?"....

So put me down for something - I will be there Saturday and Sunday - but not staying overnight. (and probably Friday afterwork, cause it really isn't that far...)
Man...amber really nailed that one (but then she always does!).

The ofishul call for bee volunteers will go out at the next club meeting along with sign-up sheets. Kathy will be home tomorrow for a few days and will work those up so I can manage 'em.

So you are the first one on the list, I'll pick an activity worthy of a man of yore abilities, that rules out latrine duty/trash detail since powerland now handles that!

Can max help out in kidzone by mixin' paint???

Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
Monte Lauer

Member Number: 478
Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael mayben View Post
I'll pick an activity worthy of a man of yore abilities, that rules out latrine duty/trash detail.

Does that mean I have to do latrine duty again?

1971 Scout II 810 Trail Buggy "Orange"
TPI SBC, 700R4, 203/300, 4.88, Lockers, 35's, Beadlocks, Bobbed, Pinched, Boat Sides, OBA, Hydroboost, Hydro Assist, Rocklights
KO0LIH

Apprentice Chester
Monte Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Lyle Wiese

Member Number: 360

Quote:
of course we're in! There is an iou in the bee registration file since I got no idear where the checks are kept arount here!

Snailmail bee registrations went out Monday nite courtesy of the usps "click to mail" operation and lyle being able to finally make it work!
An iou??? Sorry, the credit union doesn't take too kindly to cashing ious.

The bee registrations actually are being put into the usps system today and should be delivered with the next 3 business days. I have one coming my way so I can see what they look like. I have never used the "click2mail" letter format before, only postcards.

I don't have my registration in the mail yet, but I do have the vacation time scheduled off as of yesterday. Guess I need to find the checkbook.

Lyle
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Michael Mayben

We'll be setting up a bee registration confirmation process this weekend, kathy has to train me on the what/how since she can't perform all the backend function this year.

The registration confirmation will include a swap meet booth assignment and campground space assignment if reserved along with your registration.

We have several registrations on hand right now (thank you to the early birds!), I'll get the confirmations caught up and sent by May 8.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
Lyle Wiese

Quote:
we'll be setting up a bee registration confirmation process this weekend, kathy has to train me on the what/how since she can't perform all the backend function this year.

The registration confirmation will include a swap meet booth assignment and campground space assignment if reserved along with your registration.

We have several registrations on hand right now (thank you to the early birds!), I'll get the confirmations caught up and sent by May 8.
Let me know if I can help.

Lyle
Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #12
Michael Mayben

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyle wiese View Post
let me know if I can help.

Lyle
Thanks...but I told you and linda...yawl done enuff of this bee stuff and ya ain't gonna do no more! I did not want ya to have to do the registration mailer but if ya didn't pick up the slack, kathy was gonna have a postal episode with the usps!!

The biggest help from yawl is makin' sure all them incoming beans git put in the bean bag at the credit union and then they git parsed out when the time comes!

But...yawl know what "showtime" means, nobody ever has to 'splain that to tha wiese operation!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Lyle Wiese

Quote:
thanks...but I told you and linda...yawl done enuff of this bee stuff and ya ain't gonna do no more! I did not want ya to have to do the registration mailer but if ya didn't pick up the slack, kathy was gonna have a postal episode with the usps!!

The biggest help from yawl is makin' sure all them incoming beans git put in the bean bag at the credit union and then they git parsed out when the time comes!

But...yawl know what "showtime" means, nobody ever has to 'splain that to tha wiese operation!
Yes, Mike, I know, but with kathy busy out of town and with all the other stuff you have going on I'm still willing if needed.

I didn't mind at all doing the mailing; I just hope it looks good. I do have a concern, but thought of it too late. I'll see what it looks like when I get it.

Lyle
Old 05-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
Erik VanRenselaar

Member Number: 602

Just printed out the reg form and I'm going over it. Our family of four will be there, camping fri and sat with the pop-up trailer. Steve rose (rusty Scout) will be tenting on our site.
Still undecided if we'll drive the Scout or the '05 toyota van. We'll be on the road to more places in the pnw that week, so the toyota might be more comfy for the kids on the long trip.

Are there any details available on the campgrounds (access, layout, etc.)? Are the campgrounds subject to the alcohol restriction noted on the reg form?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
Michael Mayben

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik vanrenselaar View Post
just printed out the reg form and I'm going over it. Our family of four will be there, camping fri and sat with the pop-up trailer. Steve rose (rusty Scout) will be tenting on our site.
Still undecided if we'll drive the Scout or the '05 toyota van. We'll be on the road to more places in the pnw that week, so the toyota might be more comfy for the kids on the long trip.

Are there any details available on the campgrounds (access, layout, etc.)? Are the campgrounds subject to the alcohol restriction noted on the reg form?
Great erik! More folks from down south!

Kathy and I have just finished going over the management system for registration and camping assignments and performing all the data entry. We have one more detail that has come up regarding the campground that kathy needs to work out with powerland management on Tuesday (Monday is a travel day for her). We have the actual powerland campsite forms here and we'll be doing a partial completion of those for reservation holders and have one for each camp site reservation when you arrive.

And once that final detail is agreed upon, we'll post a campground layout here along with the show grounds layout for 2010.

The camping situation at powerland is not as luxurious as what you and steve saw at lake francis for the rallye...not by a long shot! But it serves the purpose! And because we're all lined up in a rather compact area, there is alotta interaction going on away from the show when the sun goes down, but a very quiet/friendly sort of deal where the kids can safely roam and play! We'll have a Friday nite event for the kids also after the IHSTO-hosted potluck.

Alcohol...the policy for powerland is none! That is why we have no incidents at the bee regarding anti-social behavior. In the camping area, if ya keep whatever ya May enjoy for liquid refreshment in a cup and we see no open containers, we kinda look the other way. The bee crowd and IH folks in general are the most respectful and laid back bunch ya can associate with these days!

The other issue in the camping area is keeping the fire lanes open and having no vehicles parked in those areas. That is a big deal for IHSTO and powerland, being as how you happen to pour water on fires yoreself for a livin', ya know what I mean!