View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #57
71mtnscout

Member Number: 1369
Default Re: An Expedition Scout

Been busy and got to Beater again today, it appears that the old muffler was plugged enough to effect the tuning of my Weber cause now it's running lean. With that, I've been doing a TON of research on the 32/36 and now have a better working knowledge of its operations and tuning. I pulled the old Spanish Weber off and turned to the newer style one I have with a manual choke. I could never get this carb to run right on her and I finally found out why. It turns out that the secondary butterfly stop was adjusted to far open causing all of my idle adjusting issues...to much vacuum signal. I got that worked out and now with a #90 "fat" main idle jet she's perfect at idle!! Mixture screw is at 1.7-2.0 turns out with the idle speed screw not in contact with the butterfly. She runs like a tractor and she barely idles at 350 rpm but she idles. Idle speed screw is now at .35-.40 turns after contact and she idles at 750 rpm at operating temp. I didn't get to go on a test drive yet, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far...I now know that the idle circuit is correct...it gets easier from here.

To be continued...................

Last edited by 71mtnscout; 03-21-2018 at 03:58 PM..
71mtnscout is offline   Reply With Quote