Thread: Project Karma
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #109
Tahoedonner

Member Number: 2382
Default Re: Project Karma

It's been at least 3 months now since I've been able to work on the truck. Finding a new house, moving, and finishing the honey do list have been daunting.

Was able to get about 2 hours in this week though on the interior. Cleaned and dyed the front arm rests, dash pad, and dyed the front panels black. I don't have the money right now to do a full refurb on this stuff and I am pleased with the outcome. I used duplicolor vinyl flat black for these pieces and am very pleased with how they turned out. I thought I was going to have to buy new armrests when I first started out on this build and they are now perfect. The dash has the usual cracks that I will recover at some point. The panels will also get redone at some point but I really like how the plaid came out with the dye. Will be able to get them installed this weekend and will be able to start on the trans cover.

When I had the truck towed up to the new place I noticed a new steering box leak and have realized that the pitman arm input shaft on the steering box needs a rebuild. I already rebuilt the seal on the steering shaft end and at that time I should have done this as well. It won't be difficult but I do have to take the box off again. Just another one of those live and learn things.

I'm still not sure how the door latch plastic underlays are going to be installed. Originally it had them hidden under the fabric. I'm thinking of peeling the fabric back and having them come through the holes in the door panel to be seen. Any thoughts?
You can see them laying on top of the panel in pic 3.

Here are some pics of the interior pieces freshly dyed:

door panels pre-change:

Door panels post-dye:

Armrests: they are literally flawless now.

Dash pad:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.JPG (77.2 KB, 1486 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.JPG (59.5 KB, 1462 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0348.JPG (68.9 KB, 1457 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0349.JPG (76.7 KB, 1398 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0351.JPG (71.9 KB, 1523 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0352.JPG (57.4 KB, 1454 views)

'79 Scout II, 345, Work in progress

Build Thread: http://www.ihpartsamerica.com/forums...ect-karma.html

'72 Scout II, no engine/trans, new from Scooter
Tahoedonner is offline   Reply With Quote