View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #49
Lyle Wiese

Member Number: 360
Default Re: Great Western Binder Bee 2009 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael mayben View Post
thanks for the pat wes! And thank you for helping out!

It don't rain in orygone in July...you confused??? We were too!!! Them thunderboomers up on the roth hilltop were severe while we waited for ken and mendomikee to return from knockin' back that bottle with mr. Martin! Thirteen of us made the trek over there after the show to wait for 'em, then everyone took the backroads down here for the rest of the pardee!

Now I really feel like a bigger fool than I am! I just found the bee registrations so's I can match names/rides/faces and pete is a dam neighbor of ours and we've never connected! Hell...he lives right close to sonja off the north side of the river and up tha crick!!! He must keep that 800 in his bedroom under glass!!!
And while everyone else was enjoying the after-party at the roth's we were making our second trip to powerland to retrieve the mobile camper. It started to rain when we left oc a little after 4pm. The rain increased the more we traveled south on I-5. We also were marveling at all the slow traffic north bound. We pulled into powerland when bill b from Colorado was just leaving after returning from the trail ride. He was headed for sandy, so we cautioned him to avoid I-5 and take 99e to oregon city instead. I hope it worked out for him. When we left powerland, I was listening to the cb and the backup was 30 miles long and most of the truckers were headed to 99-e. At this point the traffic on I-5 was stopped!! We headed south on 99 and cut over to silverton and home from there. Not a bit of traffic and the rain let up, too. Quite and adventure after a great weekend.

Lyle