Thread: 73 beast
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Scooter

Member Number: 917
Default Re: 73 beast

Got started working on a shackle reversal kit yesterday. I had the kit sitting on the shelf for a couple years, that was ear marked for my 72. But that project is on hold for now, so I decided to install this kit into my current beast.

As I was tearing through it, to my suprise, one of the previous owners had installed urethane bushings in the leaf springs. Also, noticed that the front left bushing is a little chewed up from what ever happened in the past.

Name:  Bushings.JPG
Views: 568
Size:  116.3 KB

These are the front shackles I took off in order to mount the fangs for the shackle reversal

Name:  Shackle - Front Left.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  131.1 KB

After getting the fangs mounted with some good tack welds, we moved onto plasma cutting off the rear leaf spring hangers and cleaning up left over bugger welds

Name:  Andy getting ready for grinding.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  165.5 KB
Name:  Andy at the grinder.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  30.4 KB
Still need to get the proper angle for new shackles, then drill through the frame with hole saw for the sleeves that came with the kit. Then 100% welding will be done on fangs & sleeves, once they are in place.
74 Scout II - Barrel Rolled - Rest in peace
72 Scout II = SOLD
51 Studebaker pickup - A non running project. Slowly in the works

Last edited by Scooter; 06-17-2017 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: fixing links
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote