IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Gruder

Member Number: 2456
Default A Good Start to a daily driver

Hello everyone, I would like to take a minuit and introduce myself, my name is bryan, and I live in brownsburg, indiana. I have spent many of years working on amc cars, a 69 amx, and I am now working on a 69 rambler. I have spent the last several weeks reading allot of the post, to familiarize myself with the frustration (fun) that I am going to have with my newly acquired Scout. It is a 1972 4x4 Scout, with a 345 auto transmission, and from what I can tell it looks to be in very good shape. This is going to be my daily driver as my son has just turned 16 and is taking over my daily driver now. I must tell you that my daily driving consists of every Tuesday, driving 10 miles to work and then 10 miles home at the end of the day. With that being said here are some pictures, enjoy and let me know what you think? Did I make a wise choice or not?
I do have one problem, the passengerís side trim will not stay on, I need to get the clips that hold the trim on the door, if anyone has any or knows where I can get them please send them in my direction.

Thank you,

bryan faust

Gruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
Rajin Cajun

Member Number: 2990
Default Re: A Good Start to a daily driver

I think you made a gret buy, very clean Scout. As far the clips I would look on all the Scout parts web sites and see if they have any. Have fun with her
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Dealbreaker74

Member Number: 697

Good start is right! Man that's a score. And in your neck of the woods too. Very cool! Plus, with your experience w/ amcs, you'll have no trouble getting through all the quirkiness that IH is known for. Good luck and keep the pics coming!

Ps-are you sure you wouldn't rather give the kid a Nissan/toyota pool truck? Let him get all of the burnouts and tranny-slams out of his system on something more "disposable"? As a kid who was bestowed a Scout handed down to him at 16, I wish I could say I don't know what I'm talking about here....
Dealbreaker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Scoutboy74

Member Number: 453

That thing is stupidly clean and unmolested! Is it a survivor or restoration?

Dealbreaker: as I read it, the kid is getting gruder's former dd, not this Scout. Whew! That's the way I'd play it too. With a weekly commute of 20 miles, who cares if the thing only gets 12mpg and regular alkygazz is $25 per gallon? It ain't nuthin' but a chicken wing!

Coal Trickle - '99 Dodge Ram 2500 Q-Cab SWB 4x4 - 5.9L 24V CTD/NV4500
Hooty - '74 SII - 392/TF727/D20/3.73 D44's/Spartan FA/Krac-lok RA/RC 4" SUA/34x10.5 TSLs/33g Fuel/HFT 8k winch
Mongo - '71 1210 Std Cab 2WD - 345/TF727/RA17 D60 4.10 Trac-lok - "Mongo love candy! Duh, huh, huh!"
Scoutboy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Dealbreaker74

Member Number: 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutboy74 View Post
that thing is stupidly clean and unmolested! Is it a survivor or restoration?

Dealbreaker: as I read it, the kid is getting gruder's former dd, not this Scout. Whew! That's the way I'd play it too. With a weekly commute of 20 miles, who cares if the thing only gets 12mpg and regular alkygazz is $25 per gallon? It ain't nuthin' but a chicken wing!
You're right big guy. I misread the most important part! No disrespect to the kid, just sayin' I might have some experience in this area...
But back to the topic, what a cool find!
Dealbreaker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
dkminors

Member Number: 1337

My guess is you can find the clips you need at this site.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
1977 SS DEUCE

Member Number: 1536

Looks like a very clean Scout. Can you post some pics of the inside?
1977 SS DEUCE is offline   Reply With Quote