IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 04-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
Jonsalter74

Member Number: 718
Default Re: 75' IH 436SV

Do you have the specs on your rods? Length, journal size, pin size? I like your set up and just picked up a 392, my wheels are spinning about doing this?
Jonsalter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
bluethunder73

Member Number: 1660

I want to say the rods are 6.85 inches long, but can't remember completely. If you want you can call kieth groden at groden racing rods, he is the man who built them. He took forever and I did have to get the rods machined for correct clearance (rod-to-rod) but that could have been my machine shops problem. And the pins were from a small block Chevy, since the rods and pistons were both custom then the shop went with a floating pin that was common and lighter than the original IH. So if aluminum is ok with you then you can actually get the same ones I have from groden. The motor is working great and needs final tuning but I am completely satisfied with the results. I almost forgot the rods made were actually for a nitrous/blower application but that was more so just for the extra strength on the street, groden makes a lighter weight rod yet but you will compromise longevity on the street for a few grams.
bluethunder73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
bluethunder73

So, I am taking for ever to completely tune my new engine but I do know that it will roast the tires now for an easy 100ft, and I also have to be weary of policeman in town now. Warrensburg, mo has no noise ordinance but if someone thinks you are to loud then you can get in trouble, so I found out Friday night that a state trooper thought I was to loud I do have street legal exhaust but I must say the new motor is a screamer
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
gulfdawg

Member Number: 771

Just found this thread and wow. I have thought and dreamed of an engine build like this and to see it come together in a truck is awesome. It has been a while since the last post, just wondering how the engine is doing? Any youtube videos?
Thanks justin
2012 2500 6.7 CTD Mega Deleted by Dave Mathews
gulfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #20
bluethunder73

It runs really well but still can't make the time to fully tune it, and I would like to make some videos as well but nothing yet and will inform on here when I do.