IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Reader's Ride's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
offroadguys

Member Number: 2341
Default Full blown scout build

Full blown build thread can be seen here:

project rust - pirate4x4.com bulletin board

Leave comments on the IH board here, I would love to here what you guys think of my build. I have too many pictures to upload and paste, etc thats why I have a link to pirate.

So, I bought a 1970 ihc Scout 800a for $800. It had a 304 v8 with a t-18 and a Dana 20. The rig from front to back is rusted out literally. Someone tried to hokey something up to hold the rig together (3/16 plate welded to the shape of the tub, but he didnt paint it so it began to rust) I have totally cut out the tub and welded ina new one. I have also built a new frame for the tub to sit on as the c-channel was completely rusted out. Most all body mounts were rusted out all but 3. Two in the front and one in the back. Someone had tried to hold the body on with a skateboard wheel and a grade 8 bolt. I kept the bolt chucked the wheel. Another thing that was severely rusted was the tailgate. The whole bottom had holes in it. I bought some new tubing and bent some metal on a brake and rebuilt it. The front floor boards are a work in progress. The passenger side was totally rusted and I rebuilt it, as well as the driverside. This guy who owned it before me was remarkably stupid. How many know you cant fix rust with fiberglass? He tried to rebuild bothh the rocker panels with fiberglass. Another thing he jury-rigged is both of the gas tanks were glued in with exansion foam. A hour of fighting them, and they came out. I have pics of before I took it apart but I have to get them off of my pc into the link below.... But those pics are what I have for now.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
RobG

Member Number: 739
Default Re: Full blown scout build

Looks great!!! How long did it take, I spent two years on mine.

Rob gimmel
RobG is offline   Reply With Quote