IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Sewing Circle > Other IH Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3
Default Chads Fridge

Well I finally downloaded a couple of pictures off my camera. I also picked up a matching freezer but failed to take any pictures before it was stored for the winter.

ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Robert Kenney
IHPA Tech Moderator

Member Number: 543
Default Re: Chads Fridge

Chad,

the only question I would have is what are you going to fill her up with? ............................................
.................................................. .................................................. ..... more beer!!

People preach " Don't over think life, just go where it takes you". But I can't help but think of the Wise Ancient Mariner who looks toward the horizon for any sign of storm clouds.

Last edited by Robert Kenney; 01-08-2009 at 01:28 PM..
Robert Kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Yeah for sure, of course mine are of the un-leaded varitiy as I quit drinking the hard stuff 8 years ago but yep I do love a nice cold beck n/a and I plan on having pleanty on hand when I get room to plug this thing in. I will even keep some rolling rock light for jefe' on hand.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
Scoutmaster1

Member Number: 350

Chad, buy stock in pge before you plug it in! Go solar? Might need to in order to power them of grid.

Or better yet, we need to make a trailer for all the IH fridges and freezers for 2009 show!
Scoutmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Fyi, this thing was plugged in and is currently serving as secondary fridge in the new house. No way was I going to not use it. Could not believe it, plugged it in after all these years and bam cold within the hour. Love this thing.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Michael Mayben
IHPA Tech Moderator - Retired & No Longer Online

Member Number: 10

Keep that mutha pumpin' cold!

We been without a fridge now for two weeks. That fanceeazz sears and rareback three-door took a shit while we were gone. Just a few months out of the "compressor warranty" (5 years).

Replacement compressor came yesterday, the scruuhaid "technician" is gonna sweat it in Friday (if he can figgr out how to light his mapp torch).

I got one of my classic "customer service" circlejerks goin' on with mr. Sears and rareback over this deal right now...in fact...when I mentioned 60 year old IH fridges that were still pumpin' after never even bein' defrosted in 50 years, that got their attention.

Between the 'rango crappin' the head gaskets, and the sears pos takin' a dump, I'm through with modern shit. Only thang wurf a dam arount here is IH shit!

http://vimeo.com/8149690
Michael Mayben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Greg R

Member Number: 527

Here's a little harvester history, circa October 1955:
corporations: harvester cools off - time

My coldspot chest is approaching 30-35 yrs and still doing good. It was picked up dead, resuscitated with a cap tube chaser and away she went. I've had it for 18 years.
Some day there will be an IH gracing the shop.
Greg R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Greg R

Member Number: 527

As a side note, on what limited experience I've had in domestic fridge repair; the one big killer of compressors is dirt As in dirty condensors. A lot of the older refrigerators had convector condensor coils on the back, today's modern units have fans under the chassis to blow air across the condensor coils that are now under the fridge. Think of them as low power vacuums running anywhere from 6 to 18 hours per 24 hour day sucking the dirtiest air in the kitchen that's only a few inches off the floor. Clothes lint, white ash and hair, and especially pet hair. It only takes a few months to get a layer on them, and it's really bad in the spring if you're like me with dogs and cats. A good vacuuming; or, if it's not too hard, a good blowing with air to clean those coils. Check the fan too to see if it's running ok. With this litt'l maintenance once or twice a year, you should have a better running fridge.

Nice fridge Chad! One moving part, right? (the compressor)

Last edited by Greg R; 11-03-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Greg R is offline   Reply With Quote