IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Axle Tech Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

Old 05-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
78scout

Member Number: 8696
Default Ramcharger SOA setup swap into Scout??

Hi,
I recently purchased a Scout II 345 4spd and I am wanting to get 33-35" tires underneath. I am not going to be doin any serious off-roading (if any) but I like the stance it has at that height. I also have a 75 Ramcharger 440/727 that I am going to sell but here lyes the issue. My ramcharger has Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear with a proper SOA conversion, heavy duty 8lug axles all around locking hubs and both diffs have posi units (not sure of the type or gear sizes but it does 75-80 on the highway with no issue). The setup is rock solid as I've taken the ramcharger off road quite a bit. How hard would it be to get this setup underneath my Scout and still retain a stock profile and using the stock Scout springs? I know I'll have to get custom driveshafts or have mine cut but what about the spring perches and axel housing lengths? I feel like it's doable but would like to hear from someone who's done it before I start getting things cut and welded. Thanks

Last edited by 78scout; 05-27-2017 at 06:41 PM..
78scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
ScoutUnlimited

Member Number: 9160
Default Re: 78 scout ii suspension swap

curious if you ever ended up doing it? Would love to see pics...
ScoutUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote