IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > IH Parts America Sponsored Events > IH Sierra Fall Rallye
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery IH Store Home

View Poll Results: Should the IH Sierra Fall Rallye move to a new location?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
ihpartsjeff
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default IHSFR 2014 - Should we move? Poll inside.

For those who have been attending the IH Sierra Fall Rallye we would like to know your thoughts on a venue change. For the past seven years we have had the show at the lake francis resort in dobbins. We are kicking the idea around of moving the event closer to Grass Valley. Your input on this decision is important to us. Please take a moment to answer the question of whether we should move the show or not. Your voting will be kept private however if you would like to leave a comment here on the board please feel free to do so. The poll will remain open for 30 days from today.

Thank you!

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
Binder Books
CPT - Crawler Proven Technology
(530)274-1795
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
BerkshireBear

Member Number: 4924
Default Re: IHSFR 2014 - Should we move? Poll inside.

The prime reason to move is size. Many trucks were parked so close to each other that it was hard to even take a good picture. The point by the water was delightful; indeed the whole facility is nice. However, even though there is space out on the games field it would be too easy to fry in the sun out there. If the rallye grows much you'll be plumb out of space. The resort is a bit pricey if guests have to depend on them for much; I suspect most who would like to attend couldn't afford it unless they came as fully self-contained campers. This IH event is probably unique (wonderfully so) in being so family-oriented, which spells keep the costs down.
BerkshireBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Major Screwup

Member Number: 537

Jeff, this depends on the potential new site. A little info about the new location would be helpful.
Are you considering a location with the same basic facilities? For those of us that spend a week on the trail before, showers are real important. The showers at lfr are always in some state of dirty or disrepair. For what they charge for camping I think they could do a little better. A restaurant would be nice also.
We always look forward to our annual trip to IHSFR, and the camping is a big part of it. The facilities at lfr might leave a little to be desired, but all the basics are there. If the potential new location has the facilities and is an upgrade I say go for it.

It takes a lot of balls to build bearings

440 Scout ll

15 CTS-V

Last edited by Major Screwup; 10-15-2013 at 10:43 AM..
Major Screwup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Plug Ugly

Member Number: 571

Agreed, depends on what the other site May have to offer. I thought the restaraunt was decent with fair prices. Overall, I like lfr.

What about also moving the even into September? Gives us better chance at better weather on the trail....
Plug Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3

One site that we are taking a look at is the Grass Valley fairgrounds. We have had no conversations with the fairground people but the facility would fit our needs pretty perfectly. It would offer everything from hotels to on site camping.

If not there we would like to find something "like" that.

We are coming to understand that not everyone wants to camp and we have also heard the discussion on pricing for what you get.
ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #6
dkminors

Member Number: 1337

The lake francis resort is a nice place and because of that I have been able to convince people to go to the rallye with me. I'm not sure I'll be as successful with a fair grounds destination.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Scout-It-Out

Member Number: 904

I camped at lfr the first year only. I rented a basic camping spot. I thought it was quite pricey for what I got. I've just been spending the money on gas and driving home since then.

1979 Scout II, 304, 3.73, 31" tires, Spartan locker in the rear, Powr-Lok front, Hydraulic Brake Booster, Custom bumpers
Scout-It-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Erik VanRenselaar

Member Number: 602

This was my 3rd time at the sfr. I like the camping, but for just myself and my cot/sleeping bag, I think the site cost a bit too much. Having restrooms nearby is good, though. The 'point' is a nice place for the show, but it is getting tight in there. I bring all my own food, so restaurant selection at the sfr is not very important to me.

If there is a place near Grass Valley, with good shade and decent camping, and a pleasant venue for the show (not like tulare site), then I would say: yes! My wife's mother lives just west of Grass Valley, so the change in location could be very convenient for me and my family.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
ronmc1954

Member Number: 499

I vote we move it to nebraska

1975 Scout11
1974 Scout11
1965 1 ton IH Pickup (sold)
ronmc1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #10
jchazen

Member Number: 5841

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpartschad View Post
one site that we are taking a look at is the Grass Valley fairgrounds. We have had no conversations with the fairground people but the facility would fit our needs pretty perfectly. It would offer everything from hotels to on site camping.

If not there we would like to find something "like" that.

We are coming to understand that not everyone wants to camp and we have also heard the discussion on pricing for what you get.
I just moved to the area this year and sadly was not able to make it to the rally this year do to work schedule(new guy gets no time off).
I think the fair grounds would be a great venue. It's very shaded, has camping facility's, and even a pond for the kids to do a little fishing. I think a good idea might be to post some pictures of the grounds to give everyone a idea of what it's like, and show it's not your typical fair camping grounds..
jchazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
ihpartschad
IHPA General Manager

Member Number: 3

I hesitate to throw all our eggs into the fairgrounds basket. We have not even talked to them yet this year. We have talked to them in the past however. It is just one of the places we are thinking about, I would probably say at the "top" of our list but still way to early to say for sure.
ihpartschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #12
jchazen

Member Number: 5841

Yep I understand that...just wanted the people that don't know these fair grounds to see that it's not your typical fair grounds and to not be turned off by the idea...

If you want I can try to run by this weekend and take some quick pics
jchazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
Rob Gojkovich

Member Number: 1685

I think a new venue is a good idea. Grass Valley and the surrounding area is really nice, nebraska is a little off the beatin' path though.
Rob Gojkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
Mark Pietz

Member Number: 2143

That would be close enough that some of us locals could make "day trip" forays to gv if we couldn't camp overnight.
Mark Pietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
Crowfeeder

Member Number: 3893

Although lfr is a nice place, it is very difficult to get to and has limited amenities in reasonable driving distance. I would like to see the rallye near either interstate 5 or interstate 80. The extra hour to get to lfr is an issue. Grass Valley, Auburn, somewhere near trcukee or even sacramento would be great. I will find a way to get there no matter where it is.

1974 Scout II

1968 Scout 800 Future Wheeler

Jim

Hope is not a course of action!
Crowfeeder is offline   Reply With Quote